Sorry, rbr but it isn't.

Don't fall into the "penny share" trap.

A 1% rise in the share price is a 1% rise in the share price regardless of the starting point.

I think what you mean is that it is more likely for 1p or 24p shares to double in value than shares at 45p and that may be the case if the former are less mature companies than the latter. For example the chances of BP doubling in value are remote compared with say a new start up technology company.

BUT and it's a big BUT, "penny shares" or those close to that level most likely are at that price for a reason e.g. the stock market does not value the company very highly, which means that there is as much chance of the price of a 1p share going down to 1/2p or 24p going down to 12p as there is of it doubling.

That said, I think Rangers are a BUY at this level but don't invest any money you can't afford to lose!

Sorry I may not have expressed myself correctly but is that not what I said , at 24p a 1p rise %wise is worth more than a 1p rise at 45p, so buying shares at 24 p lowers their exposure and increases any profit should the shares rise.

Also I never mentioned penny shares , are all Rangers shares not 1p shares anyway

i know you don't but he is.

what we both know is he won't buy out shareholders he will invest though in rangers. who can blame him the share price just dropped 10%.

you don't get to be the richest man in sa by paying over the odds for shares.

And one sale at 21p; company now valued under £15 million.

Sorry I may not have expressed myself correctly but is that not what I said , at 24p a 1p rise %wise is worth more than a 1p rise at 45p, so buying shares at 24 p lowers their exposure and increases any profit should the shares rise.

Also I never mentioned penny shares , are all Rangers shares not 1p shares anyway

Sorry I was rewording the post for clarity and now made exactly the point you make above!

"Penny shares" are shares valued or priced at around 1p in the market; as distinct from shares of 1p each (as in Rangers case) currently valued at 21/22p.

I think I did a piece on this subject some time back.

But agreed, if I was an institution and believed that the Board could deliver on their plan; I'd be a buyer at this price and would certainly take up my rights on a new offer.

nothing much it seems. a seat on the board.

With essentially not much say in anything, as the club was run by Murray.

If he'd spent 20m (or rather half of that) since April 2013 on shares (as opposed to Laxey, Easdale and Co.), he'd probably have a majority in the club he loves. With a little push, he'd become majority owner himself. But ... god-forbid .. he didn't want to fill the "naughty-men's" purses and rather - apparently - wanted to go for full-blooded confrontation with those who bought shares instead and now hold all the aces in the power struggle? If he's that acute a business-men, he should have seen it coming (most on this board saw it coming) and done the "right" thing, not the "shrewd" thing. And playing with the share-price and the club's future to gain control is not exactly something I would expect Rangers supporters would endorse - no matter who's currently in control of the club.*

*And it seems that for the last 5 months we at least have some people who know how to run a and the club - and yes, that excludes Easdale.

With essentially not much say in anything, as the club was run by Murray.

If he'd spent 20m (or rather half of that) since April 2013 on shares (as opposed to Laxey, Easdale and Co.), he'd probably have a majority in the club he loves. With a little push, he'd become majority owner himself. But ... god-forbid .. he didn't want to fill the "naughty-men's" purses and rather - apparently - wanted to go for full-blooded confrontation with those who bought shares instead and now hold all the aces in the power struggle? If he's that acute a business-men, he should have seen it coming (most on this board saw it coming) and done the "right" thing, not the "shrewd" thing. And playing with the share-price and the club's future to gain control is not exactly something I would expect Rangers supporters would endorse - no matter who's currently in control of the club.*

*And it seems that for the last 5 months we at least have some people who know how to run a and the club - and yes, that excludes Easdale.

and rangers would be 20 million poorer and greenco 20 million richer. wouldn't be my preference.

what evidence is there they know how to run the club?

Edited by the gunslinger