Don't think we've had a discussion on Boyd before.

Certainly haven't had on whether I have been pro-Boyd. Long time posters on here will know I was his biggest critic.

However this season I think we've seen a different player and I cant believe I would ever say that if we are being linked with him Id like him to return - mainly due to the position we are in. I still think he is a poor 'footballer' as such but he is a good poacher / scorer. 18 goals this season has kept Kilmarnock in the league until the final day and I wouldn't bet against him scoring today against Hibs.

Looking at some of his goals from highlights and pictures I think we have got a guy who has matured late and realised what being a professional is all about. Ive no doubt his ventures in England, Turkey and USA (all of which were poor) has developed the 'person' Kris Boyd. I thought we wouldn't see him play again but to be edging towards a Scotland call up shows the hard work he has put in and he also looks far more fitter and stronger.

Perhaps he thought he had made it when he came to Ibrox first time around and being part of Fergusons gang made him feel untouchable.

If we was still a top flight team challenging for titles this wouldn't even be a thread but if we ever needed someone WANTING to prove his worth and banging the goals in the championship it might be Boyd now.

If Ally could only find some tactical knowledge then playing Templeton, Macleod, Shiels and Law in creative positions then Boyd would score 20+ goals in the championship. But then again if Ally had tactical knowledge we maybe wouldn't need Boyd as Clark, Little and Daly may have got high tallys this season also and we'd be happy with them going into next season.

I reserve the rights to retract this statement.

He showed in England, Turkey and the MLS that in the grand scheme of things he really isn't very good.

He has continuously showed in the SPL that he is very good at that level though. Even if he doesn't do that great against the top 6 and there's no point ever starting him in Europe, he will still get you 25-30 a season.

Given our manager has barely signed any good players and we have no scouts, he is definitely the best we will get in the next couple of years.

For that reason we should be doing everything we can to get him. His poor all round play is largely irrelevant because you can say the same about most of our time, particularly Daly. In fact Boyd is better out the box than Daly, Daly just seems ready to retire.

He will get 25 goals in the Championship and considering we are playing teams equivalent and less than SPL bottom 6 he could score for fun but needs the service.

Agree he is a better option than Daly. I have always been a big fan of Miller but if he has lost 2 yards of pace then his game will be poor, same kind of situation as Michael Owen, as soon as he lost pace there was nothing to his game.

IMHO, Miller, Boyd, Clark, Daly and Gallagher will score enough goals to get us through the Championship and perhaps even the first season back. They also provide flexibility to change a system pennding on opponents. We do have Aird, Templeton, McKay, Peralta for the wings, with Clark and Gallagher also able to play there ... plus any youngsters on Ally's radar. What we do need is a commanding midfield player ... and people while may see it differently, IMHO Mohsni could do a job there. He's good at breaking up play, can play on the ground and head a ball, can spray a pass too and is mobile enough to join the attack. (Plus: if he does something silly, he's still in an era where it might not hurt as much ... )

It's a pity football doesn't keep statistics the way cricket does.

Boyd has his limitations, and maybe a less than professional attitude contributed towards his career stalling, but he is as clinical in front of goal as they come, and I reckon his scoring to chances ratio, if we knew what it was, would be hugely impressive.

He strikes the ball cleanly, accurately and firmly, and often with the minimum of backlift. When he was a youngster he was top scorer and Golden Boot winner in the prestigious Northern Ireland Milk Cup tournament - for Kilmarnock.

There is a definite predatory instinct within Boyd and he has the skill level to exploit it.

Much as we should have been breeding young talent, I can always find time for Kris Boyd at Rangers - and he's a member of BuyRangers too!

One other thing - for one reason or another, managers often get sacked after signing Boyd.

Sign him!

Has he got his Bachelors in Accountancy?:razz:

Following this thread, we're just waiting on one from you about Barry Ferguson returning. I thought there would be more chance of that than me ever starting a sort of pro-Boyd thread.

God I remember my early days on here when we used to have about 100 pages on threads about Boydy and Barry :D Remember those days that was when we actually spoke about football and tactics rather than CEO's and boardroom battles :rolleyes: