KRIS BOYD is determined to add to his incredible Rangers goal tally in 2014/15 and help fire the club to Championship glory.

The prolific marksman netted 128 goals in 192 appearances during his first spell with the Light Blues from January 2006 to May 2010, a total which puts him 20th on Rangers’ all-time leading goalscorers list.

Kris never expected to get the opportunity to return to the club he grew up supporting but speaking exclusively to RangersTV at Murray Park this morning he could not hide his excitement as he was photographed with his new number 15 jersey.

With defender Darren McGregor and Kenny Miller also bolstering Ally McCoist’s squad ahead of the Championship season, Boyd is relishing the challenges that lie ahead in Scottish football's second tier and, as ever, he is hungry for more goals.

He said: “I’m really looking forward to it. As I said to get the chance to come back to the club is fantastic and it’s a great opportunity for me to get back and score goals for this club.

“It’s what I love doing and it’s been a long time but hopefully we can hit the ground running.

“If I can get anywhere near what I did the last time I will be delighted but it's a great opportunity the management staff have given me here and it’s one I’m going to grasp with both hands.

"I know I’ve only signed for a year but the main focus is to get myself back in this jersey, scoring goals and get the club back where it belongs. We’ll wait and see what happens after that.

“Of course I want to score more goals and improve my tally but the most important thing is the team and winning games right from day one.”

Having been away from Rangers for four years and gained the experience of playing in England with Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forrest, Turkey with Eskişehirspor and the United States with Portland Timbers, Boyd believes he has improved as a player and he wants to show that to the Ibrox faithful.

He added: “I would definitely say I am more aware of the game. I’m still not going to drop back to the half way line, take on three or four people and smash it in the top bin!

“I’ll get myself into areas where hopefully I can score but there are a lot of strikers here at the moment so I need to get myself fit and in the team.

“Kenny has signed as well and I look forward to working with him but it’s up to myself, Kenny, Jon and Nicky or whoever it is to go out on the training pitches and show the manager what we can do.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7092-i%E2%80%99m-hungry-for-more-goals

All of Boyd's goals from last season:

[video=youtube;oU5X-u4195Q]

Going by that, it looks like there were two or three flukes amongst his goals for Killie last season, but there were a lot of really cracking goals of all different sorts.

He still doesn't look particularly mobile, but I couldn't care less about that if he bangs in plenty of goals, which he definitely will do if given the service.

It might seem a little unadventurous and safe, but that's ok with me for next season. I'd rather we went for a safe bet like Boyd than take a gamble on an unknown quantity at a time when we have very little in the way of scouting and no money to buy players.

We would be mad not to be looking at Hutton even if he cost 15k a week.

And it is exactly this mentality that started the downward spiral of where we are today. 15k a week to play in the Championship ? Then everyone else expects the same. When last did Hutton perform well ? When last did he perform like a 15k per week player ?

I was an avid Hutton fan when he was with us but that was a long time ago and he hasn't performed nearly as well since his departure.

We shouldn't be paying ANY player 15k a week - at least not until we sort our financial malaise out first and get back to sound financial management.

And it is exactly this mentality that started the downward spiral of where we are today. 15k a week to play in the Championship ? Then everyone else expects the same. When last did Hutton perform well ? When last did he perform like a 15k per week player ?

I was an avid Hutton fan when he was with us but that was a long time ago and he hasn't performed nearly as well since his departure.

We shouldn't be paying ANY player 15k a week - at least not until we sort our financial malaise out first and get back to sound financial management.

the other week for scotland he looked a 50k a week player.

Miller and Boyd pretty much destroyed their careers leaving us. At least they can make amends.

Boyd in particular has completely ruined what should have been the best part of his career (26-30).

That wasn't his doing though mate. Walter, more than once, tried to punt him.

the other week for scotland he looked a 50k a week player.

He often looks like a cracking player when he plays for Scotland, but he also often looks total guff when he plays for Scotland. Really hit and miss player - aka inconsistent.