It is understood that there is a divide emerging in Rangers International's boardroom, as certain shareholders in the company have reiterated that they will not agree to any contract that protects the key assets being signed and shown to the supporters.

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2014/05/shareholders-blocking-potential-peace.html

This would not surprise my in the slightest. The Board have pledged not to grant a security over our major assets. Yet now some amongst them apparently want to provide some form of legally binding assurance to a group of unelected individuals and/or a minority trust and /or company controlled by a non shareholder (or at best minor shareholder) whose other current and future shareholders are unknown.

And for what? As a much maligned commentator (of whom I know nothing) said yesterday; what is being asked in return and what if anything can the UoF/Ibrox 1972 Ltd deliver?

In any event I think that it is questionable whether any such agreement could be written in a way that would be binding on the Club under the current or any future Board never mind enforceable by the UoF, Ibrox 1972 Ltd or whoever or what remedies might be available to any such party. It also seems to me that there would be questions as to whether or not it was in the best interests of the company to enter into any such agreement.

As a support we have unlimited power to dictate things. Up until recently we have simply not used that power. We have dithered, argued, sat on the side, been apathetic, split ourselves and generally been a useless bunch.

NOW we are seeing the real power of a support and starting to show who is boss. WE are the club. It's time for us to call the shots and rid our club of people who care not a jot about it.

I just wish we had acted alot sooner than this.

Why would you have an issue ?? Call them what you want, put them under whatever banner you want - at the end of the day they are Rangers fans. I see absolutely nothing wrong with fans being allowed time with the club. Fair play to UoF for getting off their erses and actually caring for our club. Craig Houston deserves a medal for the way he has risen to this challenge, almost single handedly. He is just a normal, passionate fan who wants his club back, just like the rest of us.

Chris Graham has also been excellent.

Well said mate, I am glad these guys and the others like them are out there doing all they can for the good of Rangers. They get dog's abuse from a section of our support so too I salute them for their perseverance and efforts.

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2014/05/shareholders-blocking-potential-peace.html

This would not surprise my in the slightest. The Board have pledged not to grant a security over our major assets. Yet now some amongst them apparently want to provide some form of legally binding assurance to a group of unelected individuals and/or a minority trust and /or company controlled by a non shareholder (or at best minor shareholder) whose other current and future shareholders are unknown.

And who elected the board? The people you disparage all have lengthy and provable track records of supporting Rangers, unlike a single one of the clowns sitting on the board.

And for what? As a much maligned commentator (of whom I know nothing) said yesterday; what is being asked in return and what if anything can the UoF/Ibrox 1972 Ltd deliver?

They can provide the only legitimacy this board will ever get. They can provide security through season ticket sales, because the great bulk of the 'non-aligned' support would take UoF backing of the board as the green light to buy season tickets.

In any event I think that it is questionable whether any such agreement could be written in a way that would be binding on the Club under the current or any future Board never mind enforceable by the UoF, Ibrox 1972 Ltd or whoever or what remedies might be available to any such party. It also seems to me that there would be questions as to whether or not it was in the best interests of the company to enter into any such agreement.

Oh, it certainly wouldn't be in the best interests of the vultures who want to preside over years of decline and mismanagement so that they can "regretfully and sadly be left with no alternative" but to sell and lease back the stadium & training ground.

Such an agreement is not only not 'questionable', it could be set up and finalised within one working day if all parties got up early enough.

I have an issue with Rangers directors negotiating with unelected so-called fans representatives.

Would you have an issue with it if your own offer to sit on the committee of RangersFirst had been accepted and the Rangers directors were negotiating with you and other representatives of RangersFirst?

Would you have an issue with it if your own offer to sit on the committee of RangersFirst had been accepted and the Rangers directors were negotiating with you and other representatives of RangersFirst?

I need to correct you there Zappa.

I offered to assist the committee "with Administration and Compliance issues" when they lost their Admin Group leader in rather unfortunate circumstances as you may recall "and take the Minutes and contribute any guidance I can based on my experience, in an ex officio capacity".

So the question doesn't arise because I wouldn't have been a member of said committee.

In respect of the steering group, although they were appointed not elected, I understand that they were at least affirmed by those present at a meeting, albeit not a meeting called for that purpose, so I think that they have some limited legitimacy.

The steering committee has been established pro tem pending formal elections, so my feeling would be that they should only be involved with internal matters and that any external matters should wait until a properly elected committee has been established.

It certainly would be interesting to learn what external meetings have been conducted; indeed I did ask just such a question but didn't receive a straight answer.

Normal, passionate fans take pictures of the ticket office, put it online and act all smug about it?

No doubt many have genuine concerns but the likes of Houston are simply attention seekers getting a thrill out of this 'fight'. He certainly doesn't speak for me

As a support we have unlimited power to dictate things. Up until recently we have simply not used that power. We have dithered, argued, sat on the side, been apathetic, split ourselves and generally been a useless bunch.

NOW we are seeing the real power of a support and starting to show who is boss. WE are the club. It's time for us to call the shots and rid our club of people who care not a jot about it.

I just wish we had acted alot sooner than this.

I'd consider waiting until anything positive actually comes of all this before sounding so satisfied.

Right now all we have is a sorry mess

Normal, passionate fans take pictures of the ticket office, put it online and act all smug about it?

No doubt many have genuine concerns but the likes of Houston are simply attention seekers getting a thrill out of this 'fight'. He certainly doesn't speak for me

That's nonsense and you know it. Houston means well and had enough of there being no action and no real pressure on the Board directly from fans. He wants his club back and on the road to recovery and progress, just like the rest of us.

Attention seeker ??? Not on a personal level he isn't, at all - but yes he is seeking attention to the disaster of a club we have. I back that attention seeking 100% !

He has created a momentum and combined with the other Rangers fans within UoF who just want the best for the club, there might, just might be some light a the end of a long dark tunnel beginning to appear.

You will obviously differ from this opinion, as always, and you are free to back the current regime - but the majority have awoken to this shambles that we have been under and continue to be under.

The wheels are finally in motion !!