Especially with you at the helm!

How about, you could swap out any 11 in the current squad and bring in anyone else currently playing in Scottish football that you could get for the same wages, who would you have?

Why do we have to restrict our player acquisition to a nation that's mince at football? If we ever do get a scout ( :rolleyes: ) I'd get them as far away from Scotland as possible.

I agree but we were in a catch22 situation where we HAD to get promotion. Unfortunately Ally went for it the safe but ugly way rather than thinking long term. My fear was ending up with average SPL players on long term contracts when we get back to the top tier.

But nobody could envisage the challenge we've got this season, nobody would have thought Hibs and Hearts would be in the 2nd tier at the same time. Therefore having SPL experience will be quite important this season and prepare us for next.

All big clubs have to win. I don't see what catch 22 situation we were in. A club of our size winning the lower leagues in Scotland is about as big a challenge as Carl Froch having to fight against a 5 year old.

The equivalent of us getting our own Mulgrew, Brown©, Commons, Griffiths and Forrest is signing the likes of Hutton, McCarthur, S Fletcher, McCormack and Dorrans.

It's just not going to happen. Our level is R Foster, D McGregor, S Smith and L McCulloch.

Player recruitment for our Premiership assault will be extremely important. We need to look at new markets. Hoopers, Wanyamas, Forsters, Van Dijks etc etc.

This is why Ally must have a scouting team in place now to plan and prepare. The manager must fight tooth and nail to have a team in place. How much does he really want one?

The equivalent of us getting our own Mulgrew, Brown©, Commons, Griffiths and Forrest is signing the likes of Hutton, McCarthur, S Fletcher, McCormack and Dorrans.

It's just not going to happen. Our level is R Foster, D McGregor, S Smith and L McCulloch.

Player recruitment for our Premiership assault will be extremely important. We need to look at new markets. Hoopers, Wanyamas, Forsters, Van Dijks etc etc.

This is why Ally must have a scouting team in place now to plan and prepare. The manager must fight tooth and nail to have a team in place. How much does he really want one?

Even if he had great scouts at his disposal he'd still sign poor players.

Especially with you at the helm!

How about, you could swap out any 11 in the current squad and bring in anyone else currently playing in Scottish football that you could get for the same wages, who would you have?

The same wages is unfair Brahim, we are still a lower league team with reduced turnover. A better question would have been the wages we will be expected to pay when in the Premiership and understandably most of that Celtic team would walk into ours.

We have a huge job on our hands catching them but it won't take as much money as some people think. We've acquired some top players on free transfers in the past and can do so again.

For example, Celtics strongest 11 cost them just over £10m. It's just silly to expect us to spend tens of millions or even think we need to. Not that you do Brahim.

4 or 5 European class bosmans next summer and we will skoosh the Premiership under the right man.

Even if he had great scouts at his disposal he'd still sign poor players.

He has signed some decent players, some right good ones but he has a horrible habit of ruining every one of them. *Every player he has signed has got worse under him, even Lee Wallace. No one is safe under him.

*Aluko aside.

He has some big decisions to make, who drops out for McGregor, does he play McLeod in his best position and if so who does he replace and how can he give game time to Clark and Gallacher.

I feel with no actual planning with signings we make things more difficult than they need be.

I also agree this squad is no where near good enough for the SPL.

He has some big decisions to make, who drops out for McGregor, does he play McLeod in his best position and if so who does he replace and how can he give game time to Clark and Gallacher.

I feel with no actual planning with signings we make things more difficult than they need be.

I also agree this squad is no where near good enough for the SPL.

I believe a real football manager would easily come second in the Premiership with this team, it is littered with some very decent players, players who were excellent at other clubs but for whatever reason under McCoist have chucked it.

I believe a real football manager would easily come second in the Premiership with this team, it is littered with some very decent players, players who were excellent at other clubs but for whatever reason under McCoist have chucked it.

Seconds not good enough. :D