With Boyd signing it seems we're probably around one (or possibly two max) players away from completing our squad for the new season.

It seems a midfielder (most probably Don Cowie or Scott Allan) will be the final signing with perhaps another defender added if we move on anyone (such as Perry).

Whilst yet unconfirmed, it says of FF that Perry's away now.

Perry is still at the club.

If he doesn't find a new club before the end of August he'll most likely be released/paid off.

He may want them but we can't afford them.

I am not convinced anyone, certainly on here, knows what we can or cannot afford. We have just pulled off 2 outstanding signings, the 2 biggest and best in the country so far. I don't think we are done just yet either.

I am not convinced anyone, certainly on here, knows what we can or cannot afford. We have just pulled off 2 outstanding signings, the 2 biggest and best in the country so far. I don't think we are done just yet either.

Both are free transfers and one is on very low wages. However, many fans are split on how good they are. Short-term they should do fine but longer term that's another matter entirely.

Now I'm happy enough when it comes to the overall context of their acquisitions but any cursory look at our finances shows that while we may well sign more players, the costs will have to stay minimal. Hence negotiations with Cowie and Allan who are also both available on free transfers. Problem is their wage demands are higher than both Miller and Boyd which is why we've been unable to complete any deal so far.

I'm pleased we're trying to be clever in the transfer market but while not paying fees for players (and minimising wages) should be welcomed, I'd say it's out of necessity rather than anything else.

Last year, if it wasn't for a short term loan (still not paid back it seems) the club would have been in dire straits. With far fewer season books sold and not much more income of note, it's a stretch for anyone to say we'll be signing around ten players in total. Not unless further investment is forthcoming.

Both are free transfers and one is on very low wages. However, many fans are split on how good they are. Short-term they should do fine but longer term that's another matter entirely.

Now I'm happy enough when it comes to the overall context of their acquisitions but any cursory look at our finances shows that while we may well sign more players, the costs will have to stay minimal. Hence negotiations with Cowie and Allan who are also both available on free transfers. Problem is their wage demands are higher than both Miller and Boyd which is why we've been unable to complete any deal so far.

I'm pleased we're trying to be clever in the transfer market but while not paying fees for players (and minimising wages) should be welcomed, I'd say it's out of necessity rather than anything else.

Last year, if it wasn't for a short term loan (still not back it seems) the club would have been in dire straits. With far fewer season books sold and not much more income of note, it's a stretch for anyone to say we'll be signing around ten players in total. Not unless further investment is forthcoming.

Very low wages but probably still higher than every player in the country outside it's 2 biggest clubs. Miller is a wonderful signing in our circumstance, as is Boyd. As for short term long term, that is open to interpretation and what each individual classes each term. Their meanings seem to change with every different saga surrounding our club.

I like and appreciate such praise of Mr Wallace and how we are trying to go about our business, credit to you in such a vicious jungle. :D I don't see the point in spending fees at this level when we don't need to. Fees are simply to satisfy fans egos. Some of our best signings in the last decade have been free transfers.

10 is a bit much especially when we already have such a large squad.

I still feel we need a handful out the door. To me, that would be equally as exciting.