Seconds not good enough. :D

But we won't have this squad next season, there has to be a fairly large player turnaround to satisfy the clubs ambitions. It won't matter though, under McCoist we won't even get 2nd no matter how much we spend. And we knew this years ago yet here we are 12 months away in the same position.

The same wages is unfair Brahim, we are still a lower league team with reduced turnover. A better question would have been the wages we will be expected to pay when in the Premiership and understandably most of that Celtic team would walk into ours.

We have a huge job on our hands catching them but it won't take as much money as some people think. We've acquired some top players on free transfers in the past and can do so again.

For example, Celtics strongest 11 cost them just over £10m. It's just silly to expect us to spend tens of millions or even think we need to. Not that you do Brahim.

4 or 5 European class bosmans next summer and we will skoosh the Premiership under the right man.

Fair point on the wages although we're overpaying already by all accounts.

I don't think the gap between us and Celtic is as big as some people make out; they don't have players of the quality of Wanyama or Hooper now and are not likely to get players of that quaility in the near future if they don't qualify for the CL groups, which I doubt they will.

We might struggle to attract European class bosmans next summer because although we should be in the SPL we still won't be back in Europe unless we win the Cup and get the special dispensation; but the season after we should be in better shape.

I think I am correct in saying that these first team players' contracts are up next summer: McCulloch, Black, Daly, Faure, as well as Gallacher, Gasparatto and McAusland. McCulloch and Daly surely won't be resigned (although Jig may get a coaching job), Black might get a year's deal depending on how McLoed and Hutton progress this season, Faure will be away unless he gets a run at CB or he stays as useful cover, and I'd also keep Gallacher, Gasparatto and McAusland the last two being hopes for the future of our defence.

McCulloch and Black would free up some decent wages for better and cheaper replacements.

When's the last time we signed a European class bosman?

Weir, Aluko, maybe Miller. Hemdani even. Depends what people categorise as European Class.

Kenny Miller is an international striker with almost 70 caps and a 1 in 3.5 scoring ratio and a personal trophy cabinet most players would be proud of. That's the calibre i am talking about. Plenty of them going about mate. It's having the brains to find them and balls to go for them.

We could have Bougherra, Hutton and Cuellar in our back line for next season all for free this summer if we wanted. That's the calibre we will need. We don't need to spend tens of millions to get it.

Edited by Super Cooper