Peralta was outstanding against Dundee Utd, by far the best player on the pitch that day.

I said a few times, if he is played in his proper position he could get better as his career goes on and improve going up the leagues.

Bell - will do fine in goal in the SPL

Following on from the line of succession of Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor? He might do you but he's not even near enough the standard I expect. GK is something we have excelled in and he is not befitting of such.

Mohsni, and I am obviously guessing, I think will come good when the level of competition increases - I get the distinct impression he finds these lower divisions "too easy" - I think he CAN step up.

He is horrific. There is a reason he found himself in League 2 at 26.

Law - still has the potential to be a more than decent SPL midfielder. Needs to find more consistency
Can just see Celtic quaking in their boots. Shouldn't be anywhere fucking near us.
Aird - this young lad, as he gains experience through games, should be good enough for the SPL

See above

Templeton - did OK with Hearts in the SPL - if he can get the head down, work hard and find consistency then he also is plenty good enough for the SPL

Has been a complete and utter let down in all honesty. He's 25, the novelty is wearing thin.

McKay - he is another that if he could just buckle down, work hard, screw the nut, could be a decent enough player in the SPL.

Punted out to Greenock doesn't say a lot. Apparently didn't do well either. Personally I'd like to see him get another chance though.

Miller - I actually think we can still get a couple of seasons out of Miller - I think we can get at least one decent SPL season from him]

We'll see, Miller's game is reliant on pace and as such he will go rapidly downhill soon.

As for the rest.....

McGregor - St Mirren defender, hopefully not his level....

Do I even need to bother here.

Foster - nope, not good enough

You said it.

McCulloch - past it, sadly

Never had it.

Smith - decent enough squad player

Agreed, potentially more than that in fact.

Faure - play him at CB (maybe DM) or not at all.

No just get rid of him.

Daly - no thanks

Sad face that we ever signed such an atrocity.

Clark - needs game time for us to determine if he is good enough for that level.

No future, get rid.

Black - not my cup of tea, but think he had a decent season this year.

Note sure what's worse, the fact such a poor footballer ever played for us, or the fact he betted against us on 3 occasions and still continued to play.

Peralta - no thanks

A non event

Thing is he was a more than decent SPL midfielder till McCoist got his hands on him,

Very true, but at his best he was a more than decent Motherwell level midfielder that came from the third tier of English football. He is not OF level and needs to be canned.

Folk are in for a shock when we are in the SPL.

Very true, but at his best he was a more than decent Motherwell level midfielder that came from the third tier of English football. He is not OF level and needs to be canned.

Especially with you at the helm!

How about, you could swap out any 11 in the current squad and bring in anyone else currently playing in Scottish football that you could get for the same wages, who would you have?

I agree but we were in a catch22 situation where we HAD to get promotion. Unfortunately Ally went for it the safe but ugly way rather than thinking long term. My fear was ending up with average SPL players on long term contracts when we get back to the top tier.

But nobody could envisage the challenge we've got this season, nobody would have thought Hibs and Hearts would be in the 2nd tier at the same time. Therefore having SPL experience will be quite important this season and prepare us for next.

Gash spl experience is worthless.

I could throw in: that is our bred and butter though. Without getting the best top tier folk or people capable of making a mark there, we won't get anywhere. Maybe I've missed something, but over the past three decades we always signed the best (or what managers thought were the best) players from the SPL ... and won NIAR et al with them.