It's an article from the ET, some reporter asking people in the street. Where's spin in that?

Of course it is spin. How else do you make 36k ST holders dwindling to sub 20k sound positive? When you have downsized so far that you only have half a dozen people working in the whole ticketing department just now, it would be no surprise if there was a queue at some point. 2 on windows, 2 processing and 2 on phones means 3 punters is a queue.

Our club has been shattered, from top to bottom, on the pitch and off the pitch. The sad reality is that the infrastructure of a once proud institution has been demolished, big style.

Of course it is spin. How else do you make 36k ST holders dwindling to sub 20k sound positive? When you have downsized so far that you only have half a dozen people working in the whole ticketing department just now, it would be no surprise if there was a queue at some point. 2 on windows, 2 processing and 2 on phones means 3 punters is a queue.

Our club has been shattered, from top to bottom, on the pitch and off the pitch. The sad reality is that the infrastructure of a once proud institution has been demolished, big style.

No-one is doing that. The reporter states that there are people (probably) buying STs when he went there. Others have since stated that this is no one-off event. It sure is good news for the club. Is it "spin" from the board as I asked before though? Hardly likely, though the anti-board faction won't have that. As your 2-2-2-3 remark shows. I see no real need to argue that sort of stance though. We'll have the ST numbers soon enough and if they top 25k for a second tier team, it will still be seen as a success.

As for the "shattered" and "infrastructure" claim ... no sound basis for that opinion either, as far as I am concerned. And before you try to start a debate, I have no time to waste on this right now either. It's been done to death anyway.

No-one is doing that. The reporter states that there are people (probably) buying STs when he went there. Others have since stated that this is no one-off event. It sure is good news for the club. Is it "spin" from the board as I asked before though? Hardly likely, though the anti-board faction won't have that. As your 2-2-2-3 remark shows. I see no real need to argue that sort of stance though. We'll have the ST numbers soon enough and if they top 25k for a second tier team, it will still be seen as a success.

As for the "shattered" and "infrastructure" claim ... no sound basis for that opinion either, as far as I am concerned. And before you try to start a debate, I have no time to waste on this right now either. It's been done to death anyway.

No way can a drop of over 30% be deemed a "success" that's simply delusional.

it will be a total disaster and simply hasten the need for more "onerous" loans the club can ill afford.