I know people who have given up season tickets in recent years. They did so for various reasons, but none were to do with disaffection with the board.

None attend regularly now. Games are attended from time to time but the day out is such a grim misadventure that they become selective in what games they attend.

When they have a season ticket, they come back for more unthinkingly, but when they have to pay out every other week, they start to miss games, and when they realise that missing games isn't as painful as they expected, they start to miss even more.

Expect season ticket lapses to either stay away altogether - for political reasons - or to go to most but not all games. If the season is exciting, it will be the club's best hope of getting people through the gates, but as this could mean the manager being publicly outed as not good enough, it could work the other way too.

Most Rangers fans I know don't go and don't want to go. It will take a rebirth of the club to win them back, and depressingly, some will be lost forever.

early doors. hearts, hibs games will always be sell outs............................but when we run away with it........pay at the gate might tail off ....

These games were not sell outs when we were in SPL.

So will the ****s

What's the point in consistently bad mouthing them, protesting and boycotting then if nothing is going to change mate? Shouldn't those boycotting the club because of the board just bite the bullet and support the club?

Edited by Super Cooper
mispelling

These games were not sell outs when we were in SPL.

Quick-check ...

Ibrox Stadium (ATT 46,178) 7th May 2011 - Kick off 12:15

Ibrox Stadium (ATT 44,823) 2nd February 2011 - Kick off 20:45

... no sell-outs, but the board will sure like these kind of attendance figures. Anything above 40k, I would assume.

Quick-check ...

Ibrox Stadium (ATT 46,178) 7th May 2011 - Kick off 12:15

Ibrox Stadium (ATT 44,823) 2nd February 2011 - Kick off 20:45

... no sell-outs, but the board will sure like these kind of attendance figures. Anything above 40k, I would assume.

Included in those figures are season ticket holders who did not actually attend, there's lot less that will fall into that particular category this coming season.

What's the point in consistently bad mouthing them, protesting and boycotting then if nothing is going to change mate? Shouldn't those boycotting the club because of the board just nite the billet and support the club?

No, they should be afforded the same rights as you to choose what they do with their own time and money.

No, they should be afforded the same rights as you to choose what they do with their own time and money.

It was a question to my friend, thanks. In any case, gunslinger said the ****s are going nowhere, I fail to see what the point is of consistent and prolonged protests and boycotts when nothing will change. That is all.

It was a question to my friend, thanks. In any case, gunslinger said the ****s are going nowhere, I fail to see what the point is of consistent and prolonged protests and boycotts when nothing will change. That is all.

Best taking it to PM if you want to keep things exclusively between 'friends'.

I fail to see what effect others have on you if you are not present. Live and let live.

What's the point in consistently bad mouthing them, protesting and boycotting then if nothing is going to change mate? Shouldn't those boycotting the club because of the board just bite the bullet and support the club?

Because they will only be there forever if we support them.