If it was such a good idea 10 years ago, why don't they have a controlling interest in shares by now? Could it be that some fans don't trust their leadership?

I don't know of a single fan left standing who has blind faith in this board, or it's recent predecessors.

Well, we can blame the messenger of course, because it's much easier to do that than admit that the RST was right, and of course when fan ownership was first suggested, it was perceived to be a ridiculous suggestion so there was always going to be a mountain to climb.

These days, it is increasingly seen as an agreeable and more honourable way to progress, but still there are those who long for another David Murray. Dave King will be the answer to their prayers, but unless he moves the club to fan ownership, his tenure, historically, will be remembered as a sticking plaster on a wound that never healed.

Well, we can blame the messenger of course, because it's much easier to do that than admit that the RST was right, and of course when fan ownership was first suggested, it was perceived to be a ridiculous suggestion so there was always going to be a mountain to climb.

These days, it is increasingly seen as an agreeable and more honourable way to progress, but still there are those who long for another David Murray. Dave King will be the answer to their prayers, but unless he moves the club to fan ownership, his tenure, historically, will be remembered as a sticking plaster on a wound that never healed.

I have said before that I am not opposed to fan ownership. However, with our support fractured the way it is right now, I would say the first priority is to find leaders who can make us believe in the message rather than us having to consider their own selfish interests. Achieve that objective and the unification of the fan base, then you might stand a chance of having your dream become a reality.

Until then, unfortunately, I wouldn't be interested.

So he did not want shares in the company instead. It would also be good, just for the sake of the debate, to tell people that he "only" wanted a third of Laxey's amount in interest - at least according to information back then.

DB

I dont really understand where you are coming from on this one. The guy has stepped in to offer our club a loan at a better rate than what was originally proposed by others.

Having done so' date=' the chaos engine, which is our board have failed to repay it withing the allotted timescale and the guy has generously agreed to allow them more time to do so.

If anything Mr Letham should be thanked rather than criticised.[/quote']

Regarding your point about him 'only' wanting a third of the amount of interest/loan fee dB, if I'm not mistaken, it was actually originally half the amount, so £75k as opposed to the £150k fee involved in the Laxey facility, but when the Letham deal was finally concluded a month after it was offered, his fee had reduced to £45k payable in cash or shares.

At the time I presumed that the £30k drop in fee was due to Mr Letham taking on some (or all) of the cost of legally transferring the deal & security from Laxey to himself in order to finally push the deal through, but obviously that was just a guess.

All things considered though, I definitely agree with D'Art and others who've said that Mr Letham deserves our thanks.

If it was such a good idea 10 years ago, why don't they have a controlling interest in shares by now? Could it be that some fans don't trust their leadership?

I don't know of a single fan left standing who has blind faith in this board, or it's recent predecessors.

I havent met a bear who was pro board, or even neutral, either Barca.

The problem is the mechanism, or lack of it, for removal without causing significant harm to the club we love in the process.

There can be little doubt after what has transpired in the last few years that our fan ownership models should have made serious inroads into our fanbase. The fact that they have failed to so should warrant a serious and honest reflection to analyse just what the problem is.

I havent met a bear who was pro board' date=' or even neutral, either Barca.

The problem is the mechanism, or lack of it, for removal without causing significant harm to the club we love in the process.

There can be little doubt after what has transpired in the last few years that our fan ownership models should have made serious inroads into our fanbase. The fact that they have failed to so should warrant a serious and honest reflection to analyse just what the problem is.[/quote']

i certainly have and more than one.