An admin event WOULD remove onerous contracts, more than likely. An admin event, as we have seen, results in "all bets are off" scenarios. Administrators have the obligation to protect the assets of the Club.

No, it isn't madness. Sometimes, in this cruel world, an amputation is needed to save the remainder. That is the position I see ourselves in. Very, very unpalatable to have a second admin event but if it was to rid us of the incompetent buffoons we have in the Boardroom then I am all for it.

Tell me dB, out of interest, if we cannot rid ourselves of this Board, how do you see the future shaping up for Rangers - just try to look a mere 5 or 10 years into the future - what does that future hold for us when there is zero strategy, a signing policy that is scatter-gun in approach, no development of infrastructure, no transparency (despite lauding being transparent), a lack of Corporate governance despite the Chairman saying it would be high priority on the agenda, a lack of sound financial management of the Club despite having a bunch of qualified accountants on the Board ?

Whether you like it or not, there will be many fans who see a 2nd admin event as at least an opportunity to clear the decks of all the deadwood (and there is much of it from the very top of the pile.... the Chairman... all the way through the organization), have a proper, bona fide bidding process which allows the BEST bid to be accepted rather than the previous incumbents preferred bid, and maybe, just maybe, have a chance at long-term survival and, dare I say it, success.

Short-term pain (again) for long term gain.....

How would an administration event do that?

An admin event WOULD remove onerous contracts, more than likely. An admin event, as we have seen, results in "all bets are off" scenarios. Administrators have the obligation to protect the assets of the Club.

No, it isn't madness. Sometimes, in this cruel world, an amputation is needed to save the remainder. That is the position I see ourselves in. Very, very unpalatable to have a second admin event but if it was to rid us of the incompetent buffoons we have in the Boardroom then I am all for it.

Tell me dB, out of interest, if we cannot rid ourselves of this Board, how do you see the future shaping up for Rangers - just try to look a mere 5 or 10 years into the future - what does that future hold for us when there is zero strategy, a signing policy that is scatter-gun in approach, no development of infrastructure, no transparency (despite lauding being transparent), a lack of Corporate governance despite the Chairman saying it would be high priority on the agenda, a lack of sound financial management of the Club despite having a bunch of qualified accountants on the Board ?

Whether you like it or not, there will be many fans who see a 2nd admin event as at least an opportunity to clear the decks of all the deadwood (and there is much of it from the very top of the pile.... the Chairman... all the way through the organization), have a proper, bona fide bidding process which allows the BEST bid to be accepted rather than the previous incumbents preferred bid, and maybe, just maybe, have a chance at long-term survival and, dare I say it, success.

Short-term pain (again) for long term gain.....

Another administration would be catastrophic. You might want to go to the bottomtier of Scottish football again I don't.

Another administration would be catastrophic. You might want to go to the bottomtier of Scottish football again I don't.

Well, the newly created SPFL took care of that, i.e. no "relegation" to the bottom tier. We were a special case, as we were voted out of one league structure (SPL) and had to apply to a different one (SFL) ... where we consequently started where any newcomers would. Another admin event is being lined out in the statutes, i.e. points penalty, transfer sanctions et al. I would not put it past them to invent a few things along the way though.

Dont see much evidence of that on the George letham thread on RM

RM moderator on Sandy Easdale (this became a 'popular post' getting 15 likes)

Harsh IMO.

It's genuine that he loaned us money' date=' interest free, and has just told us he has no plans to take that money back out while we ae having cash flow problems, that's pretty genuine IMO.

It's genuine that he has bought shares in the club, and is looking to buy more in the rights issue.

I believe he is a Genuine Rangers fan, who has helped us more recently than any other Rangers man out there. [/quote']

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

No specific bitching about other Rangers forums on Gersnet please folks.

We have enough to worry about and talk about given the shambolic state of the Club without inflaming inter-forum squabbles.

RM moderator on Sandy Easdale (this became a 'popular post' getting 15 likes)

On a forum which has several thousand members, albeit considerably less active users, I dont think one moderators view and 15 likes suggests widespread support for the board.

Whilst it may very well have it faults, at least RM allows free discussion without the need for censorship of that which doesn't "tow the party line."

Just ask Andy McKellar.