Re this fan board, it will probably get bogged down in small stuff, which won't disappoint the club, but it should be asking searching questions of every aspect of the way Rangers is run - even if the club doesn't want it to.

It should be asking what the club's long term plans are; does it want to play in the English league system, should it attempt to get an Atlantic League up and running or is it content to remain within the Scottish league indefinitely?

Nothing should be off limits to a fan board.

Likely that people will try and steer the committee in the direction away from difficult questions. For example, Jim Hannah attending meetings and saying to the likes of FS that the club's fiscal policy isn't in the remit of disabled fans area. Repeat and rinse for all other sections.

Likely that people will try and steer the committee in the direction away from difficult questions. For example, Jim Hannah attending meetings and saying to the likes of FS that the club's fiscal policy isn't in the remit of disabled fans area. Repeat and rinse for all other sections.

Did that happen?

Why would Hannah or anyone else for that matter be at the fans board meetings? Surely all non board members would require to be invited to attend? Or am I missing something in the rules on this?

Did that happen?

Not that I know, although it was an example, but I'm a cynic and feel they'll be steered away from exploring more of the board's performance.

Why would Hannah or anyone else for that matter be at the fans board meetings? Surely all non board members would require to be invited to attend? Or am I missing something in the rules on this?

Hannah's the fan liaison so will be there by default. I'd presume he will be the conduit between fans board and club?

FS isn't going to sit back and accept that though, not a chance. The two guys on the board that we know will most certainly ask difficult questions, it's what happens after that that matters.

FS isn't going to sit back and accept that though, not a chance. The two guys on the board that we know will most certainly ask difficult questions, it's what happens after that that matters.

Nor me. I hoped to be proven wrong.

The person who's dad dislikes Alan and Billy and is a mod on another forum?

Can't speak for Alan but that's a big yeas in my case!....:)

Re this fan board, it will probably get bogged down in small stuff, which won't disappoint the club, but it should be asking searching questions of every aspect of the way Rangers is run - even if the club doesn't want it to.

It should be asking what the club's long term plans are; does it want to play in the English league system, should it attempt to get an Atlantic League up and running or is it content to remain within the Scottish league indefinitely?

Nothing should be off limits to a fan board.

With all due respect surely we have far more pressing concerns at present than any of that, like can we get to an AGM without a cash injection?

Nobody is limited to the remit of their category alone.

So don't think I cannot assist anyone unless it's regarding disabled matters alone, anyone can raise anything with any member.

Can't speak for Alan but that's a big yeas in my case!....:)

With all due respect surely we have far more pressing concerns at present than any of that, like can we get to an AGM without a cash injection?

Nobody is limited to the remit of their category alone.

So don't think I cannot assist anyone unless it's regarding disabled matters alone, anyone can raise anything with any member.

We certainly do have pressing concerns, but assuming that we have a future, where will it be? What is our club's vision? Archie McPherson, one of the few respected figures left in Scottish sports reporting, was on television last night and he stated out loud what every perceptive football fan already knows: Scottish football is in decline.

Rangers and Celtic are part of a sinking ship. They will either have to join a new league, perhaps with domestic league attached, or win a place in a more lucrative league.

The option to continue as we are is no longer a viable option. It will only consign us to mediocrity indefinitely.