Seriously I think it's because some involved are on holiday, I don't think it's anything more sinister than some people being on holiday. I certainly hope that's the case.

I'm sure it is. I'm just making mischief... :D

Seriously I think it's because some involved are on holiday, I don't think it's anything more sinister than some people being on holiday. I certainly hope that's the case.

Well I'm on holiday and it's nothing to do with me.

The Constitution stipulates 14 days not 14 working days.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Despite what you think it's not all about you.

Reference was made to the delay being due to someone being on holiday and since, so far as I am aware, I am the only member if the Board who is on holiday at this time I wanted to clarify that the delay was not related to my holiday.

You do wonder what will happen to all of this now.

It will probably continue but will be even less relevant as Ashley will care little for our thoughts even if Derek Llambias has met with our fans at Ibrox previously.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-uniteds-derek-llambias-meets-rangers-fans-to-discuss-renaming-ibrox/

While things may have settled down on the renaming furore at St.James’ Park, in a surprise move Newcastle United Managing Director, Derek Llambias, has met with Rangers fans to discuss the naming rights for Ibrox.

It has been much publicised that Rangers’ Chief Executive, Charles Green, has been trying to sell the stadium naming rights. This has now moved on with The Scottish Herald ireporting that following Mike Ashley having talks with Rangers regarding purchasing the rights, both Green and Derek Llambias met with 300 Rangers fans at a fans’ forum on Friday night in Govan.

Ashley of course is a major shareholder at the Scottish club and Sports Direct are the ‘official retail partner’ of Glasgow Rangers.

The following statement was then put up on the official Rangers’ website;

“Following a discussion on the potential commercial opportunities for the club through naming rights, fans gave the go ahead for Green to progress the issue but made clear that any renaming of the stadium should include ‘Ibrox’”.

Maybe what we can take from this is that Rangers and Mike Ashley/Derek Llambias are learning from what happened with the St.James’ Park fiasco and that consultation with fans is the way forward.

There may be an excuse but it's extremely damaging to the credibility of the exercise, if deadlines can be ignored so early in the process.

If someone is on holiday then it's easy enough to give an ETA of the minutes and not just leave everyone hanging in the wind. Given that does not appear to have happened and the club do not appear to be giving this any level of importance now that the obligatory photo shoot has been issued then it strengthens the claims of some that it's purely a box ticking exercise.

Reference was made to the delay being due to someone being on holiday and since, so far as I am aware, I am the only member if the Board who is on holiday at this time I wanted to clarify that the delay was not related to my holiday.

I trust that you will be on to this forthwith.