Smith had a strong squad in 08 but bottling it in the Uefa Final was as good as it got under him. Funny the date you mention is when everything started to go tits up financially and Martin Bain was given more control!

Even in 08 that wasn't the level of talent I expect us to have. We played more defensively than Greece in 2004. Miles ahead of what we have now obviously.

Since 02/03 both of the old firm have been lackluster. All each side does is have enough to pip the other team to the SPL. We need both teams to be strong.

Going off at a tangent here though, my current hope is to just have someone controlling us who isn't in it to literally destroy us. The talk of Ashley requiring us to thrive just gets funnier by the hour.

If this was an Italian club the fans would be in unity taking to the streets. There would be carnage. We just bend over like clueless morons and let it happen.

McMurdo has published some new pro-Ashley shite, with this little gem as the highlight:

He also has plenty of time to become a “Rangers man” and take the club to heart.

Nice to see him joining in with today's 'return to 2012' theme!

And we won't fund it if we don't get it.

Of course we will, as we have the last 4 years.

Even in 08 that wasn't the level of talent I expect us to have. We played more defensively than Greece in 2004. Miles ahead of what we have now obviously.

Since 02/03 both of the old firm have been lackluster. All each side does is have enough to pip the other team to the SPL. We need both teams to be strong.

Going off at a tangent here though, my current hope is to just have someone controlling us who isn't in it to literally destroy us. The talk of Ashley requiring us to thrive just gets funnier by the hour.

If this was an Italian club the fans would be in unity taking to the streets. There would be carnage. We just bend over like clueless morons and let it happen.

But we had some good players, that was my point, how they played was down to the manager. It was as good a bunch as we have had in the last 10 years or so, not saying much but i don't think we could have expected much better.

Ashley is in this for himself and himself only.

FAA - Both bold points directly associated with the thread topic.