After a quick glance at the thread you posted from August 2013 and looking at these numbers, the over-riding problem is obvious, was indeed declared back in the old thread and agreed upon by BH.

That you need to be able to trust the club's board of directors and have a reasonable degree of transparency.

I'd say that many Rangers fans will have, in the past, looked favourably on a members scheme as long as it was founded and implemented under the correct circumstances.

It's doubtful the latter part of the statement is applicable to where we are now but only time will tell. In that sense, the RFB is under a lot of scrutiny to deliver a good performance and it will take more than one meeting before we can say yea or nay about it.

It's not a good start but that's not a surprise.

I'd say that many Rangers fans will have, in the past, looked favourably on a members scheme as long as it was founded and implemented under the correct circumstances.

It's doubtful the latter part of the statement is applicable to where we are now but only time will tell. In that sense, the RFB is under a lot of scrutiny to deliver a good performance and it will take more than one meeting before we can say yea or nay about it.

It's not a good start but that's not a surprise.

Very much so.

The fact that the RFB has agreed to take forward a proposal that would (in part) marginalise those most vocal in the 'campaign' for transparency at board level, is ironically enough,.............. 'transparent', but not in a positive way.

I also think more fans would have entered into the electoral process had there been transparency and a reason for trust established throughout the club. Firstly, there would have been more ST holders and secondly, more confidence going forward.

An attempt to marginalise 'dissident' fansgroups based from a majority,..... within a generous estimate of 6% of the membership,....... of a membership scheme,....... that a board that you can't trust, put in place................could only happen at 21stC Ibrox.

Edited by buster.

I think I've mentioned this a few times.

FS says 683 people voted in the Disabled category. For argument's sake if we generously say double that figure voted in the others that gives us 1400 people. Also for the sake of debate, if we accept there are 23,000 RFB members (season ticket holders and stand-alone scheme members without tickets) then that means 1400 out of 23000 voted which is a 6% turnout.

Obviously these numbers are unsubstantiated so we can only make very general assumptions from them. For example, there may be 23,000 scheme members but I don't know how these people were contacted vis-a-vis the voting procedures open to them. I don't know if people could vote by email, mail or telephone.

Consequently, perhaps the RFB can produce a report on the election results if people think it necessary.

10. Election

10.1 Elections to RFB will be held once per year during the Term in or around June or July or at any other time that is reasonably practicable for the Club.

10.2 Candidates will be announced to the Members via fansboard.rangers.co.uk and http://www.rangers.co.uk'>http://www.rangers.co.uk.'>http://www.rangers.co.uk.

10.3 Once the Candidates have been announced, the Club will fix a specific period of time during which Members will be entitled to vote in the ballot for election of Candidates to RFB. The voting period will be no greater than 21 days.

10.4 Each Member shall be entitled to one single vote for each Category.

10.5 For the avoidance of doubt Junior Members shall not be eligible to vote in any election to RFB.

10.6 Voting will be conducted by way of an “on-line” poll only, which will be securely available to Members. Voting shall not be allowed by any other means. The Club will intimate to Members notice of an election and where possible publicise on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and http://www.rangers.co.uk the process by which votes can be cast.

10.7 The Club will be solely responsible for ensuring that all votes are accurately counted.

10.8 Members shall only be able to vote once for each Category during each Election.

10.9 Votes cast after the ballot has closed will not be valid or counted.

10.10 Subject to clause 9.2, the Candidate with the highest number of votes in each category will be elected to RFB to represent that Category.

10.11 In the event of a tied ballot, the Nomination Committee shall determine the winner of the ballot for the Category or Categories in which the vote has been tied.

10.12 The Club will announce the results of the election on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and http://www.rangers.co.uk within 48 hours after the ballot closes, or as soon thereafter as is reasonably practicable.

10.13 The Club will, where reasonably practicable, intimate the outcome of the Election to all candidates prior to publication of the results on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and http://www.rangers.co.uk.

From memory I received two emails encouraging me to vote.

I think I've mentioned this a few times.

FS says 683 people voted in the Disabled category. For argument's sake if we generously say double that figure voted in the others that gives us 1400 people. Also for the sake of debate, if we accept there are 23,000 RFB members (season ticket holders and stand-alone scheme members without tickets) then that means 1400 out of 23000 voted which is a 6% turnout.

Obviously these numbers are unsubstantiated so we can only make very general assumptions from them. For example, there may be 23,000 scheme members but I don't know how these people were contacted vis-a-vis the voting procedures open to them. I don't know if people could vote by email, mail or telephone.

Consequently, perhaps the RFB can produce a report on the election results if people think it necessary.

Thanks for that, must have had senior moment and missed it before. Going by your voting figure assumptions it does not lend much credibility to this RFB. What makes it galling is that they (well some of them) wish to stop others speaking to the club.

10. Election

10.6 Voting will be conducted by way of an “on-line” poll only, which will be securely available to Members. Voting shall not be allowed by any other means. The Club will intimate to Members notice of an election and where possible publicise on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and http://www.rangers.co.uk the process by which votes can be cast.

So effectively only those that are online out of the possible 23,000 electorate would have known or been able to vote in the election?

I'd imagine that would still be a reasonably high percentage* but it seems somewhat unfair to those members who don't use the internet.

*Figures from Ofcom last year show that the level of broadband uptake in Scotland is 70% of the population

Thanks for that, must have had senior moment and missed it before. Going by your voting figure assumptions it does not lend much credibility to this RFB. What makes it galling is that they (well some of them) wish to stop others speaking to the club.

Yeah, that was my point.

I don't doubt the RFB was constituted well enough and it clearly had elections but in terms of a percentage of the support, clearly the figures are very low so I don't think anyone on the RFB can lay claim to huge credibility in that regard.

i asked my mate to vote for forlan and brahim but in the end he didn't vote because he had zero interest in the whole thing.

I'd imagine that will apply to the majority of the 23,000.

Recent history has shown us that for all their flaws apathy has been the biggest enemy of all our fan groups - official ones or not.

Yeah, that was my point.

I don't doubt the RFB was constituted well enough and it clearly had elections but in terms of a percentage of the support, clearly the figures are very low so I don't think anyone on the RFB can lay claim to huge credibility in that regard.

Jim Hannah used to big up the Assembly yet their elections were never in public or generally known to the fan base online who are most likely to be aware of goings on. I doubt very much few polling numbers will get in the way of his new toy. He helped screwed the Assembly via his agenda and side taking, this time I'd hazard a guess that the RFB has even more willing monkeys (FS the exception). I've heard he takes very little to do with the RFFF, probably IMO because he can't control the people on the committee.

For the RFB to regain credibility all club employees must take a back seat after office bearing elections and then supporters can start judging if the fans board has the interests of fans or directors.