You could not make this up. The club set up a organisation which has a constitution which elects board members for various categories of fans. Within one meeting they now say that one category will no longer have a individual member on the RFB. What are the remaining board members going to do about this? They are the custodians of the constitution, are they going to sit back and accept this? They should resign on masse, they won't of course. Some people just want to be seen climbing the marble staircase.

My problem with this dismissal is transparency. With BH fired, and FS giving testimony to the fact he was not one of the complainants, this leaves us with two out of the remaining ten who could be seen as the complainants.

But who are they and if we don't know that, how can we trust any of them?

I decided to ask my representative on the board directly, and I would urge a member of each category to do the same. Here is my exchange with my representative ...

Hi XXXXXXX,

Of course - I have no problem with that at all.

All the best,

Gary Gillan

Overseas Rep

Rangers Fans Board

On November 13, 2014, XX wrote:

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In the interests of transparency, can I have your permission to publish this reply on a couple of the fans’ forums?

Thank you & oblige

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX,

XXXXXXX True Blues.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎November‎ ‎13‎, ‎2014 ‎3‎:‎21‎ ‎PM

To: XX

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch and for being so forthright in your questions. I was not one of the complainants. Apparently there were two from inside RFB and one from the general public. On the contrary, Alan and I got on very well and were in regular dialogue throughout his tenure on the RFB. I'm surprised that he was removed, but it is Rangers' call and I have my job to do to make sure the RFB is as much of a success as it can possibly be, which I will continue to do.

Follow Follow!

Gary Gillan

Overseas Rep

Rangers Fans Board

On November 13, 2014, XX wrote:

Dear Gary,

I have just finished reading of the dismissal of Alan Harris from the RFB. Since the man was not allowed to know who the complainants were, I should like to ask you if you were one of them. If you were, what were your reasons for requesting his dismissal?

Thank you & oblige,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX,

XXXXXXX True Blues.

Sent from Windows Mail

Welcome to Rangers under our current custodians, should have told them to ram it from the outset.

BH's dismissal tho isn't exactly a loss to anyone but himself.

Thank you for saying that mate. I agree.

BH had a long time ago "grown" far too big for his boots. Always knows better and is incredibly patronising .

Maybe a little shake down with us non anointed might make him think again.

Welcome to Bears who care land BH.

Are you scared incase it's your wee pal who is outed? We need to know who these grassing slimeballs are, don't you agree?

I'm not scared of anything.

I think people are jumping to conclusions without having full facts though (I don't have full facts either) and are declaring the fans board as finished after hardly any time at all. I'm sure Alan himself would like the fans board to continue.

The reason that only one side has been aired is because the other side (that of the Club and the complainants) didn't even give proper due process to BH as to the WHY of his termination.

If there was nothing under-handed going on STB.... why did the Club attempt to get BH to "resign" and then stated that their public statement would announce that he "had left" when, in actual fact, he was fired (from a voluntary position no less....). If all above board why not just tell the truth - that there were complaints against him and the Club had decided to remove him. I will tell you why.... because that isn't the story they want the fan base to hear.

I'm not an expert on due process in fairness, but the constitution does say that the club can remove a fan board member if they decide that's the best thing to do.

I'm not an expert on due process in fairness, but the constitution does say that the club can remove a fan board member if they decide that's the best thing to do.

Just one of the reasons why this fan board is useless.

Someone from the club sits in on every fan board meeting. If a fan board member says the 'wrong' thing - perhaps something vitally important that is perceived to be critical of the club and/or club personnel - he or she will know that the club may decide to instigate a parting of the ways.

This action against BH is effectively a warning to the rest - don't overstep the mark.

Who needs a fan board like this?