It was only a casual thought based on conjecture.

We await the next meeting for another 500 post whodunnit :shock:

The next instalment promises to be a belter! Gotta feeling that one or two RFB reps will be either hiding or flinging others under the bus. Hannah and Munro will be forced to explain their actions to the board, which will be minuted, and all that before we reach the conclusion of whether other groups can speak to the club and other related business. Script writers would love to have produced this.

I doubt if many had much faith in this board idea, but even so, the increasing lack of subtlety with which Rangers, at a 'corporate' level - and that's being kind, they're about as genuinely corporate as Asil Nadir - operate is becoming untenable to support. It's plainly not 'my' Rangers, but if it's not, what is it?

Turning the subject, as so often, to myself, I find that these multiple blows are just getting a bit overwhelming. What's left to cling on to that means 'Rangers' that isn't tarnished or corrupted? Goodness knows, as a club, team and fan base there have plenty of daft things done down the years, but which club, team or fan base hasn't? Even so, few can boast of scaling the triple pinnacles of incompetence, stupidity and self interest which 'Rangers' has managed of late.

And if I can't support what's coming out of Ibrox, how can I call myself a Rangers supporter? I've never previously been in a position where I dislike Rangers pretty much the same as Celtic, but hats off to them, they've managed it. There is a limit to the level of exploitation, disregard, lying and blatant contempt anyone, surely, can take before a line is crossed and the cry becomes not so much No Surrender but No Never, No More.

Club too big to fall, fans too small minded to help it up. What a sorry, sorry state. A complete laughing stock from supporters bus to boardroom. The End is Nigh! In the end, it might be better not to have the immature love for a football club in the psyche, and get on with real life, grim though it can be. I used to like my fitba, though. The Bard said it all, in this little known, deleted scene from Much Ado About Nothing:

"Therefore let Rangers, like cover'd fire,

Consume away in sighs, waste inwardly:

It were a better death than die with mocks,

Which is as bad as die with tickling."

Change to Rangers Fans Board

The Club advises Members that after much deliberation it was considered to be in the interests of the Rangers Fans Board, the Club and Supporters, for Alan Harris, the Away Fan Representative, to be removed from the Rangers Fans Board.

The RFB shall continue with the 11 Elected representatives, there will be no by-election, however the Club shall request that the Rangers Fans Board ensure that the Away Fan category, which Alan Harris represented, continues to be represented by the remaining 11 members.

The next meeting of the RFB shall be on 26 November when the office bearers will be elected – in line with clause 20.3, the Minutes of that meeting shall be made available for the Members to view within 14 days of the meeting.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/fans/fans-board

I doubt if many had much faith in this board idea, but even so, the increasing lack of subtlety with which Rangers, at a 'corporate' level - and that's being kind, they're about as genuinely corporate as Asil Nadir - operate is becoming untenable to support. It's plainly not 'my' Rangers, but if it's not, what is it?

Turning the subject, as so often, to myself, I find that these multiple blows are just getting a bit overwhelming. What's left to cling on to that means 'Rangers' that isn't tarnished or corrupted? Goodness knows, as a club, team and fan base there have plenty of daft things done down the years, but which club, team or fan base hasn't? Even so, few can boast of scaling the triple pinnacles of incompetence, stupidity and self interest which 'Rangers' has managed of late.

And if I can't support what's coming out of Ibrox, how can I call myself a Rangers supporter? I've never previously been in a position where I dislike Rangers pretty much the same as Celtic, but hats off to them, they've managed it. There is a limit to the level of exploitation, disregard, lying and blatant contempt anyone, surely, can take before a line is crossed and the cry becomes not so much No Surrender but No Never, No More.

Club too big to fall, fans too small minded to help it up. What a sorry, sorry state. A complete laughing stock from supporters bus to boardroom. The End is Nigh! In the end, it might be better not to have the immature love for a football club in the psyche, and get on with real life, grim though it can be. I used to like my fitba, though. The Bard said it all, in this little known, deleted scene from Much Ado About Nothing:

"Therefore let Rangers, like cover'd fire,

Consume away in sighs, waste inwardly:

It were a better death than die with mocks,

Which is as bad as die with tickling."

That's a fascinating post, and a good one, too. I frequently argue that Rangers is the same club that it always was, and of course it is, but the real question we all need to ask now is the question you have been asking yourself: is it my club?

It might legally be the same club, but it has changed so much that it has ceased to feel like our club and that's where we each have to personalise it. To be brutally honest, it doesn't feel much like my club any more but I am still onside with it because of its past and what I hope its future will be. The present is such an extended period of misery that it is the future we have to cling to, but as a better tomorrow seems so far away, it is entirely understandable that people will just pack the whole thing in.

It's hard to feel much affection for Rangers as things are. It really is.

The Club advises Members that after much deliberation it was considered to be in the interests of the Rangers Fans Board, the Club and Supporters, for Alan Harris, the Away Fan Representative, to be removed from the Rangers Fans Board.

That is pretty much the option that they were left with regards wording.

The RFB shall continue with the 11 Elected representatives, there will be no by-election, however the Club shall request that the Rangers Fans Board ensure that the Away Fan category, which Alan Harris represented, continues to be represented by the remaining 11 members.

That doesn't seem fair on anyone.

Whoever finished 2nd in the election should get it.

That is pretty much the option that they were left with regards wording.

That doesn't seem fair on anyone.

Whoever finished 2nd in the election should get it.

Whoever finished second shouldn't be given the place. What has happened isn't democratic but neither would this be.

I'm wondering why they are ducking another election. It's bizarre, but then bizarre is normal for this lot.

A member being removed doesn't mean anything in terms of what the fan board has achieved or not achieved so far. It's far too early to tell.

You are very clearly missing the premise under which the RFB was constructed - holding the club accountable. The Club have shown they have complete disregard for proper due process. If you believe that the wider fan base will trust the RFB to get to the bottom of real issues when the Club simply muzzle dissenting voices as soon as they please then fill yer boots.

Ready to Listen ? But if we don't like what we hear we reserve the right to sack anyone on the RFB that we so desire.

Hardly a flourishing start is it ?