Yes, because Dundee United are only interested in helping him develop his career! If this was only about getting first team football then why not join Falkirk who've got a very good record of player development, or Hamilton Accies or Kilmarnock or Motherwell? Hell, why not ask his agent to see if Southampton would take him on seeing as they've arguably got the best player development record in the UK? Dundee Utd approached him and turned his head, whether it was with promises of first team football, better opportunities, more money or blow-jobs from Steven Thomson every time he scored, it doesn't matter, he still chose to leave the club he purports to support, who'd invested significant resources in him to get hm to the stage he was at and who are extremely vulnerable at the moment.

Here's the thing, Naismith, McGregor, McCabe, Davis, Lafferty and Ness all bluenoses and all left Rangers because they were worried their careers would suffer if they stayed at the club, they left and joined clubs who'd 'develop their careers'. They are almost universally lambasted for it, they've pariah status among a large majority of our support, despite contributing far, far more to our club than Charlie Telfer ever has.

I've no real issue with Telfer leaving the club, good luck to him, but let's see it for what it is and judge everyone by the same standards.

Yes of course they want to develop his career. That means they have a better player worth more money. It's not complicated. As for your other clubs, I'm not aware of them making offers. Southampton :rolleyes:.

Why on earth would he stay with us and ruin his career?

As for Naismith, McGregor etc, the were right to leave and were never going to stay in the third division. I don't think anyone expected them to stay, what some take issue with is they didn't tupe over and leave for a fee. In hindsight though they were right to jump ship asap.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

well for me he made the right choice. If my son was faced with choice of furthering and actually making a career or staying to get fucked over and over by Ally and co then I would have my son sign for Celtic or Dundee United the Dons or whoever wanted him..

I was merely putting the full bones on the skeletal choice listed. I was not saying what one should do, it surely is an individual choice. If it was me, nothing could have made me leave Ibrox. Were it my son, well, I don't know what I'd do as I don't have a son. I'd probably try to lay out the choice and stress what he'd be risking for his love of Rangers and then let him make up his own mind.

He made the choice and has to live with it, I can't say I hope he is happy as he is at a bitter enemy who utterly detests us. He hasn't just left Rangers, he has joined anti-Rangers - but so be it, life goes on.

Yes of course they want to develop his career. That means they have a better player worth more money. It's not complicated.

Right, get you. That would be of no interest to the club who'd spent 10 years developing him prior then.

As for your other clubs, I'm not aware of them making offers.

I assumed you were on the inside on this. Goes to show you.

Southampton :rolleyes:.

:rolleyes: Oh, look, I can use emoticons too.

Why on earth would he stay with us and fight for a place at the club that developed him and he supports.

Fixed that for you.

As for Naismith, McGregor etc, the were right to leave and were never going to stay in the third division. I don't think anyone expected them to stay, what some take issue with is they didn't tupe over and leave for a fee. In hindsight though they were right to jump ship asap.

You think Telfer gave a fuck if Rangers got 2 bob for him when he was 'being approached' then?

Right, get you. That would be of no interest to the club who'd spent 10 years developing him prior then.

10 years 'developing him' only to 'forget' about his contract and give him fuck all chances.

I assumed you were on the inside on this. Goes to show you.

Enlightening comment.

:rolleyes: Oh, look, I can use emoticons too.

Congratulations.

Fixed that for you.

Witty stuff. Perhaps the fact that we are a shambles of a club, useless at bringing through youth players and he owes us absolutely fuck all.

You think Telfer gave a fuck if Rangers got 2 bob for him when he was 'being approached' then?

Given his contract had ran out I don't imagine he would.

Witty stuff. Perhaps the fact that we are a shambles of a club, useless at bringing through youth players and he owes us absolutely fuck all.

Well we're as good as Dundee United at bringing through youth players. I'm surprised you don't think players who spend 10 years coming through owe their club anything.