His choice was either first team football in the SPFL or play another season in the u20's with very little chance of ever getting any regular first team football.

Almost, but not quite, right Try this instead:

His choice was either first team football in the SPFL with a team that tried to kill and luxuriated in torturing the club he and his family purport (purported, that now is) to support, or play another season in the u20's with very little chance of ever getting any regular first team football for the team he and his family claimed, and still could claim if he had stayed, to support.

Almost, but not quite, right Try this instead:

His choice was either first team football in the SPFL with a team that tried to kill and luxuriated in torturing the club he and his family purport (purported, that now is) to support, or play another season in the u20's with very little chance of ever getting any regular first team football for the team he and his family claimed, and still could claim if he had stayed, to support.

well for me he made the right choice. If my son was faced with choice of furthering and actually making a career or staying to get fucked over and over by Ally and co then I would have my son sign for Celtic or Dundee United the Dons or whoever wanted him..

He went to join a club who were interested in him and wanted to help develop his career. Imagine that.

Yes, because Dundee United are only interested in helping him develop his career! If this was only about getting first team football then why not join Falkirk who've got a very good record of player development, or Hamilton Accies or Kilmarnock or Motherwell? Hell, why not ask his agent to see if Southampton would take him on seeing as they've arguably got the best player development record in the UK? Dundee Utd approached him and turned his head, whether it was with promises of first team football, better opportunities, more money or blow-jobs from Steven Thomson every time he scored, it doesn't matter, he still chose to leave the club he purports to support, who'd invested significant resources in him to get hm to the stage he was at and who are extremely vulnerable at the moment.

Here's the thing, Naismith, McGregor, McCabe, Davis, Lafferty and Ness all bluenoses and all left Rangers because they were worried their careers would suffer if they stayed at the club, they left and joined clubs who'd 'develop their careers'. They are almost universally lambasted for it, they've pariah status among a large majority of our support, despite contributing far, far more to our club than Charlie Telfer ever has.

I've no real issue with Telfer leaving the club, good luck to him, but let's see it for what it is and judge everyone by the same standards.