New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Supposedly down to McCall and Warburton now. A bit like choosing between a BMW and a NIssan Micra.

I know - what a fecking choice. One sniff of snow in the air and those BMWs are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. :P

Rangers close to securing Mark Warburton as new boss with David Weir his assistant

Mark Warburton led Brentford into the Championship play-offs last season

Warburton was released from his Brentford contract at the end of the term

Former Rangers skipper David Weir will join him as his assistant at Ibrox

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123104/Rangers-close-securing-Mark-Warburton-new-boss-David-Weir-assistant.html#ixzz3czEE9pt9

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Rangers close to securing Mark Warburton as new boss with David Weir his assistant

Mark Warburton led Brentford into the Championship play-offs last season

Warburton was released from his Brentford contract at the end of the term

Former Rangers skipper David Weir will join him as his assistant at Ibrox

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123104/Rangers-close-securing-Mark-Warburton-new-boss-David-Weir-assistant.html#ixzz3czEE9pt9

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I will be very happy with that. Even better if they can get cathro involved coaching first team. He's not ready for a job as big as rangers yet..

I have no idea who would be the best manager to take us forward!,everybody,on line at least, wants him and regard him as the one to make us great again,I hope you guys are correct!

I will be very happy with that. Even better if they can get cathro involved coaching first team. He's not ready for a job as big as rangers yet..

Totally agree. Coaching role is the best for Cathro, Id have my doubts about him being a No.1 if he has only been a young coach so far. Im all for the idea of someone outside Scottish football (Warburton) coming in but having Weir along side him gives him enough knowledge about the club and expectations he needs. In reverse I always said McCoist's downfall could have been not bringing in a outside experienced No.2

Cathro seems like a proper coach, you don't get to Valencia at 28 being poor however his previous to that is Dundee Utd so that doesn't exactly shoot him up to a No.1 level. It seems he would be ideal on the training ground compared to a few months ago when it was Ally, Durrant and Kenny.

Bit of a dream line up this on all levels considering where we are, and the fact we not going to attract world class managers and coaches:

Warburton - Manager

Weir - assistant Manager

Cathro - Head / youth Coach

And 2 out of 3 would also be great news.

Edited by Gribz

A sad day that the famous Glasgow rangers have to go for a manager whose best achievement is ending second in a championship play-off. Gutted to be honest.

A sad day that the famous Glasgow rangers have to go for a manager whose best achievement is ending second in a championship play-off. Gutted to be honest.

Does that make him a bad manager?

if you asked a Brentford supporter 5 years ago if they would be challenging for a position in EPL he would have laughed in your face and mentioned the word miracle along the way. And for a manager like Warburton to come along and do what he did in a short space of time with little or no experience it must have seemed like one. Hes exactly what we need.

understand where you are coming from Pete, not sure if my happiness is because its Warburton or I am just ecstatic its not mccall ,mcleish, davies etc

out of the bunch Warburton is the only one that allows some hope, with all the stuff that has been said about him i can find plenty to get behind.

Hopefully the delay over the weekend is to allow king time to sign up Cathro.

Edited by trublusince1982