McCoist Meeting with King ?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13655580.Former_Rangers_manager_Ally_McCoist_set_to_reach_agreement_with_major_Ibrox_shareholder_Dave_King/

FORMER Rangers manager Ally McCoist is on the verge of reaching an amicable agreement with major Ibrox shareholder Dave King.

McCoist has been on gardening leave since tendering his resignation after a disappointing run of results in the Championship in December last year.

He has been entitled to his full salary since then under the terms of a 12 month rolling contract which will not expire until this December.

However, SportTimes understands that McCoist and King are poised to arrive at a settlement which is acceptable to both parties more than three months early.

King, the South Africa-based businessman who owns a 14.57 per cent stake in the Glasgow club, has held several discussions with McCoist since being appointed chairman back in May.

He is due to fly to Scotland for further talks within the next fortnight when the matter is finally expected to be concluded.

McCoist was in charge of Rangers for over three and a half turbulent years after succeeding his mentor Walter Smith at the end of the 2010/11 season.

He became a figurehead for the Glasgow giants after they were placed into administration by former owner Craig Whyte in 2012.

The legendary goalscorer worked for nothing during that period and then set about rebuilding the Ibrox club when they were placed into the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Promoted stories

Recommended by

He oversaw successive promotions from the Third Division and League One – when they went undefeated all season – but struggled to maintain their progress last term.

He resigned in December after falling behind leaders Hearts - only to be made to stay on and oversee games against Queen of the South at Palmerston and Livingston at Ibrox.

He was then put on gardening leave by the former regime and his assistant Kenny McDowall was put in charge on a temporary basis.

The terms of McCoist’s contract have been the subject of some controversy since they were made public during the reign of Charles Green.

He agreed to accept a 50 per cent pay cut last year during Graham Wallace’s spell as chief executive when it emerged that Rangers were once again facing serious financial difficulties.

He received a warm reception from fans when he turned up to vote at the EGM which ousted the former board at Ibrox back in March.

However, the terms of his pay off – he is entitled to £15,000-a-week - has not gone down well with many supporters due to the ongoing off-field problems at Rangers.

Asked about the issue back in May, King said: “The fact is he has a contract, it was committed to and the club must respect contracts.

"The club owes Ally as much as he owes them in terms of the satisfaction he has given fans over the years. To me, the situation has been resolved with Ally. The fact is that Ally is entitled to his money.

Share article

"He doesn't have an obligation, he doesn't owe anything to the club. It's a question of whether the club can convince him that under the new regime, so to speak, he should give some satisfaction.

"But Ally is quite within his rights to be doing what he is doing. There is no situation to be resolved. We are asking him to do us a favour.”

Edited by Frankie

Id personally like to see this wrapped up in private and an agreement reached so everyone moves on and we can concentrate on what Warburton is doing now.

Ally might have not have quite been the best manager in the world but he remains a legend from the 80s and 90s and in 5 years time when we are back winning titles and this past few years doesn't ache like it has done Im sure it would be nice for Ally to sit in the stands as a fan again.

Edited by Gribz

I'd be very surprised indeed if this got resolved. Unfortunately I think McCoist is out to get back every penny he thinks he is due.

I'd say he is very unlikely to get another manager's job anywhere & I'd suggest the media career may be finished too.

Id personally like to see this wrapped up in private and an agreement reached so everyone moves on and we can concentrate on what Warburton is doing now.

Ally might have not have quite been the best manager in the world but he remains a legend from the 80s and 90s and in 5 years time when we are back winning titles and this past few years doesn't ache like it has done Im sure it would be nice for Ally to sit in the stands as a fan again.

I can't see that happening. There are some Rangers fans who absolutely hate him. He'll remain a legend in my eyes until such time there's evidence to suggest otherwise. Evidence of bringing Rangers into disrepute along with Whyte and Green etc.

I can't see that happening. There are some Rangers fans who absolutely hate him. He'll remain a legend in my eyes until such time there's evidence to suggest otherwise. Evidence of bringing Rangers into disrepute along with Whyte and Green etc.

and therein lies the problem.. as a footballer for us he gave his heart and soul and was a great ambassador for the club. Then we have his transition to management, where he plays some of the most insipid football out(a far cry from when we were going all out for nine in a row). Yes we had huge problems off the field but with the second biggest budget , we looked uninterested and out of shape. Why couldn't he see it, when all of us could. Then when the penny finally drops and he now knows that the regime that he once aligned himself too are crooks, he resigns only to be put on garden leave. I personally thought he was doing this to push the regime to breaking point ( after the Newcastle two came up and started making folk redundant) and make them do business with Dave King and then he would walk away with his head held high knowing that he had stuck it to the old regime.. instead he continued to take the money.. money that could of been reinvested into the team, the stadium or even those day to day staff that he once took a wage cut to look after.

And now his legacy is tainted(for now) ... unless he has a very good get out of jail card e.g. he couldn't walk away from "gardening leave wage" as its part of a case to sue the old regime or that he's going to donate it all back to the club. Until he talks ..its not looking good for him!

More as a100.000 of a point.cash used for a better meansthan roses

We are talking peanuts in the grand scheme of things here. He has been paid 75% of his "entitlement" so far, now he's looking at a pay off for the remaining 25% (3 months).

I do agree that every penny not going to him will be better spent.

Edited by BEARGER