Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

What has brought the panic in? It would seem Hibs signing Stokes has done that. Is Stokes going to improve Hibs that much? We have walked over their midfield in nearly all the games we have played them and put 10 goals past their defence in 2 games. I doubt Stokes will make that much difference to be honest.

We have to maximise quality in our squads. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until our youth quality is better (as as good as) those elsewhere so our first team squad is as strong as it can be in a self-fulfilling sense.

That may take a few years.

Good youths asked to leave yesterday after this.

What has brought the panic in? It would seem Hibs signing Stokes has done that. Is Stokes going to improve Hibs that much? We have walked over their midfield in nearly all the games we have played them and put 10 goals past their defence in 2 games. I doubt Stokes will make that much difference to be honest.

think to be fair pete for people like me who are worried its about the club moving forward and not hitting expected targets and nothing to do with hibs. Our new style has in my opinion drawn the eye away from a lot of games we have struggled to put to bed. Too many times we are all square entering the last quarter against very poor sides, That doesnt fit with a squad that has the foundation to challenge for top 6 next season. Part of it also has to do with not relying on summer to cover all ills.

There is an expected raising of squad as each window is reached which will ultimately determine our ability next year, We have failed this window to identify targets at a value that makes their capture realistic. There is no reason to believe next window will be any different.

On top of that you have the standard of player so far. We can argue all day about it till blue in the face. So far i see very little in transfers that gives me hope we can challenge next year for top six let alone second. The team looks weak to me with gaps all over i don't think we have one position that you could call solid for next season. I really expected to see us build a squad that showed signs of strength in important positions. That has not happened and is very worrying.

Warburton said something yesterday nobody has mentioned which i might of miss heard, about bringing in 5 players to the squad for next year. It sounded like 5 minus the two from accrington. Sorry but that will not cut it. We need at minimum 5 first team players in my opinion not just 5 additions to the squad.

All in all i think the difference in opinion is some fans are happy to wait until another day they are hoping on while the other set of fans want to see progress being made at every available chance and believe missed opportunities present massive unnecessary risk . I guess its down to trust. Frankly I base trust on actions not words

Edited by trublusince1982

Our new style has in my opinion drawn the eye away from a lot of games we have struggled to put to bed. Too many times we are all square entering the last quarter against very poor sides

Just for the record...of the 29 games played so far, we are ahead going into the last 15 minutes in 23 of those games, 18 of them by 2 goals or more.

If you watch the game we won 1 - 0 they should have scored at least 5 however they had no one able to score, I believe it was McGinn who had at least 3 chances where it seemed harder to miss than put the ball in the net and he somehow managed to cock it up. In every game against them this season they have had decent chances and with a good finisher they'd have probably won. If we win every game and lose against them it still wont mean fuck all, but recently we watched our team drop points and flounder while they managed wins even if they were lucky and shite games they still got the points. I think people looking at it see that Hibs can tough out games and have now strengthened while we dont appear, as of yet, to have strengthened all that much, so the worry is beginning to creep in of us hitting another rough patch, hibs continuing collecting points and then beat/over take us.

I dont think there is too much cause for concern but it looks like people want us to look like we can and will throw money around. Time will tell, I'm still confident we'll win the league.

Edited by Maxdazzy

The addition of two wide men might give us a chance to deploy MacKay in the mid field where he has looked pretty decent in the latter part of two games.

Murdoch is on RFC official pages saying he is relishing loan move to QoS to help in his development,great attitude from the boy.

Just for the record...of the 29 games played so far, we are ahead going into the last 15 minutes in 23 of those games, 18 of them by 2 goals or more.

sorry if you give me a wee bit off leeway of 7.5 minutes its 8 or 9 games not including defeats i believe

Edited by trublusince1982

STEWART ROBERTSON insists Rangers have moved on from the days of ‘just splashing money around’ in their transfer dealings.

Ibrox boss Mark Warburton has added three players to his squad so far this month as Maciej Gostomski and Harry Forrester penned short-term contract and Billy King completed a loan move from Hearts.

Deals for Accrington Stanley pair Matt Crooks and Josh Windass have also been agreed and Managing Director Robertson knows the Light Blues have to shop smart in a competitive marketplace.

He said: “We need to make sure, after where Rangers have been and where Rangers are trying to get to, that the resources we have are invested very wisely.

“The days of just splashing money around in the transfer market are gone.

“Anything we do will be very carefully considered and create value. It is all down to that.

“I may sound like a bit of a broken record but we have to create assets for the club and that is going to be a key part of the business going forward.”

It is Warburton who is at the heart of the Ibrox rebuilding job as the 53-year-old looks to lead Rangers back to the top of Scottish football.

He has been linked with a series of other jobs already this season, most seriously with a move to Fulham, but Robertson insists the Englishman is fully committed to the Gers cause.

“We didn’t receive an approach so, given that we didn’t receive an approach then there was nothing to consider from our perspective,” he told Sky Sports.

“There are always going to be rumours and speculation, it is the nature of being the Rangers manager, the Celtic manager, or any big club’s manager. There is always going to be speculation.

“We didn’t receive an approach so it wasn’t something that we had to consider.

“There is regular dialogue between us. Mark and I, and Andrew Dickson, speak daily about what he needs, what is happening.

“Mark presents to the full board on a regular basis as well so there is a very strong relationship there.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14240471.Stewart_Robertson_admits_Rangers_have_to_shop_smart_in_the_transfer_market/