Warburton to Fulham?

doesn't come across as the type of guy to encourage players to join him in scotland then leave them in the lurch 6 months later.

Definitely not and there's the issue of him not only taking on the job of rebuilding and managing our 1st team, but also setting about changing our club's footballing ethos and helping to rebuild and improve the whole operation and infrastructure.

He constantly speaks about the players getting their rewards for their hard work and he's not talking about financial rewards, so I think he'll be looking for his own rewards from this in terms of silverware and success.

Fulham per se would not be an attraction - the days of Macedo, Jezzard, Haynes and Leggatt are long gone - but get them up and into a tidy position in the PL and Chelsea might be looking for their new man.

Fulham per se would not be an attraction - the days of Macedo, Jezzard, Haynes and Leggatt are long gone - but get them up and into a tidy position in the PL and Chelsea might be looking for their new man.

Fulham are struggling to stay in the championship.

I would feel much better if the gaffer had his family move up to be beside him mind you.

Plenty of people in the UK work away from the families for extended periods of time. It's all very well saying just move his family up but each member of the family has their own lives, friends, jobs. Who says they want to make the move? Being part of a family does not mean being beholden to their job.

I've no qualms about this. Given the start Warbs has had and the respect so many have for him it's normal he would be linked with other roles down south. However, I think he really 'gets' Rangers and has no desire to leave. Getting us back to the upper regions of the SPFL and potentially in to Europe will see doors open for him

Plenty of people in the UK work away from the families for extended periods of time. It's all very well saying just move his family up but each member of the family has their own lives, friends, jobs. Who says they want to make the move? Being part of a family does not mean being beholden to their job.

I've no qualms about this. Given the start Warbs has had and the respect so many have for him it's normal he would be linked with other roles down south. However, I think he really 'gets' Rangers and has no desire to leave. Getting us back to the upper regions of the SPFL and potentially in to Europe will see doors open for him

Couldn't agree more.

Fulham would be a really backwards move, even in terms of progression. If Warbs can get Rangers back to the top and competing in Europe (something a little better than recent Scottish efforts would be a start!) then it will do wonders for his reputation and potential. We will inevitably lose him eventually, but I hope it's to one of the big English clubs. Losing him to a Fulham or equivalent would hurt, but I could understand a move to the likes of Liverpool (for example).

MW can get to London in a couple of hours via plane - including security and the flight - to see his family. I'm sure he'll fly down immediately after weekend games and spent a day or two with them which will be fine. He'll probably do the same during the week as we experience more midweek matches.

For comparison took us two and a half hours to get to Glasgow last night from East Lothian via the dreadful M8 and thousands of folk do this in either direction every day. I know what commute I'd rather have.

Edited by Frankie

I think MW was sold the Rangers job as a medium term project with further options.

He will have seen the potential for growth, room for upwards trajectory, room for improvement within 'footballing operation' etc and with his old traders eyes, will have effectively seen a stock worth buying into and with potential for 'profit'.

The way I see it, is the most important issue for MW is that he doesn't see significant 'barriers' being put up or arising that could impede on the success of the project. If he did, then just as when he was a trader, 'timing' is everything.