Rangers FC has withdrawn £40,000 worth of advertising revenue from The Herald

Ladies if you're quite finished dancing around your handbags, the rest of us would like to discuss the actual topic. :whistle:

Personally, I'm delighted our sponsors are reacting to such coverage. Like BD says, perhaps this particular report wasn't of great concern but the general trend with the Herald has been appalling for years.

Something you could have done quite easily by stating the fact as you have done now; without posting an article based on an event that you yourself agree had nothing whatsoever to do with the OP.

Thought it was evident enough, "Strange that they don't appear to be including their ownership of The National", is pretty clear and unambiguous.

I posted the article because it was A) topical in relation to the thread and B) an example of how puerile sections in the media and Newsquest publications in particular never pass up an opportunity however tenuous to stick the boot into Rangers.

Ladies if you're quite finished dancing around your handbags, the rest of us would like to discuss the actual topic. :whistle:

Personally, I'm delighted our sponsors are reacting to such coverage. Like BD says, perhaps this particular report wasn't of great concern but the general trend with the Herald has been appalling for years.

Seems to be a longer dance than you'd anticipated, Frankie.....

Thought it was evident enough, "Strange that they don't appear to be including their ownership of The National", is pretty clear and unambiguous.

I posted the article because it was A) topical in relation to the thread and B) an example of how puerile sections in the media and Newsquest publications in particular never pass up an opportunity however tenuous to stick the boot into Rangers.

I think it's perfectly relevant as an example of what rubbish goes into one of their publications. This witch is suggesting that, as a 13 year old, she was regularly groped and assaulted by Bears.

I think it's perfectly relevant as an example of what rubbish goes into one of their publications. This witch is suggesting that, as a 13 year old, she was regularly groped and assaulted by Bears.

Maybe it is True!

I tend to be relatively sanguine about newspaper stuff but even if it wasn't "deliberately inflammatory" the editor must have known it would be viewed as such and the defence of "it's truthfull" really doesn't wash, because the issue could have been avoided and the same point made if the player's first name had been added to the headline.

I don't buy newspapers since I stopped getting the FT so know nothing of the history but perhaps it was the proverbial straw.....

That said, I would never ban a journalist, I don't care what they write unless it is downright lies on matters of fact rather than opinion and only then after several warnings and opportunities to withdraw and/or correct.

I am in the SDM camp on this; and you know that his view was if you don't like what they write don't buy the paper, so I suppose don't advertise in it is just an extension of that principle.

Absoluetly astounded by this BH.

The damage to this club and support from various media outlets over the years is damnable.

Absoluetly astounded by this BH.

The damage to this club and support from various media outlets over the years is damnable.

It would appear BH likes playing the bad guy and enjoys the reaction. This has been pretty obvious for quite while now. He has made some dodgy bedfellows as a result but I'm sure his ego won't let that get in the way.

Dinner anyone?

Maybe it is True!

I have asked her, she sticks by her story. Says it not a Rangers fan only problem but men in general.

Ha ha laugh out loud moment there, i have a vision in my mind of several posters in drag, at a Lily Savage look alike competition lol