Rangers First board candidates

I'm sure that if you ask the question again today that will still be the view of every Rangers hater out there whatever colour of scarf they wear, wouldn't it?

Who needs enemies when you're prepared to do their dirty work for them?

What a load of utter nonsense, which demonstrates that you know absolutely nothing about this subject and are simply intent on attacking me at every conceivable opportunity.

It has nothing whatsover to do with "Rangers haters" or our so-called "enemies".

If I could be bothered wasting my time I'd send you the research that identified that unacceptable conduct amongst fans was prevalent in many forms all over Scotland; in fact at the time Hibs fans were one of the biggest groups causing problems for the police and one of the biggest issues that I had to tackle was inconsistency of policing and stewarding.

Whatever happened to the days when your team was shite and the guy next to you and the guy next to him and so on stopped going to watch it?

Right now I'd say the team is not shite in fact they are value for money - the club itself is moving in the right direction, who needs somebody to have a voice representation for the rest of us if it all goes wrong for one reason or another?

If the club is badly run the board will soon experience the full wrath of the guy in the stand. The fans rep will feel it even more.

Whatever happened to the days when your team was shite and the guy next to you and the guy next to him and so on stopped going to watch it?

Right now I'd say the team is not shite in fact they are value for money - the club itself is moving in the right direction, who needs somebody to have a voice representation for the rest of us if it all goes wrong for one reason or another?

If the club is badly run the board will soon experience the full wrath of the guy in the stand. The fans rep will feel it even more.

That might depend on who the fans rep is, might it not?

What a load of utter nonsense, which demonstrates that you know absolutely nothing about this subject and are simply intent on attacking me at every conceivable opportunity.

It has nothing whatsover to do with "Rangers haters" or our so-called "enemies".

If I could be bothered wasting my time I'd send you the research that identified that unacceptable conduct amongst fans was prevalent in many forms all over Scotland; in fact at the time Hibs fans were one of the biggest groups causing problems for the police and one of the biggest issues that I had to tackle was inconsistency of policing and stewarding.

There you have it in bold, the inability to see what's under your nose.

Seriously who the f*&k do you think would feel the wrath of "strict liability" the most?

That might depend on who the fans rep is, might it not?

No! It won't matter who he is? If the club is badly run he'll be part of it. The fans will leave in droves...seen it happen many times. What I'm saying is, if whoever wins this 'race' will become part of the board.

I would ask any person who wants to represent fans, ' if asked while representing me, would you take a seat on the Board of Rangers FC?'

If the answer was yes, I wouldn't vote for them.

I always assumed it was one of the goals....

Supporters Direct Scotland was established in 2002. Based in Stirling, our mission statement informs everything that we do, just as is the case in England and Wales. Since 2002, we have helped establish over 30 Supporters’ Trusts in Scotland, eighteen of which have a director on the Board of their club, and five of which majority control or own their club. - See more at: http://www.rangersfirst.org/about-rf/#sthash.222eWext.dpuf

....obviously someone's rethought the strategy. I suppose it would be simply a matter of resigning from the RF Board and jumping aboard the RFC Board.

There you have it in bold, the inability to see what's under your nose.

Seriously who the f*&k do you think would feel the wrath of "strict liability" the most?

On the contrary I saw exactly what was going on with different standards of policing and stewarding the same situations e.g. flags and the attitude of stewards towards fans; in different constabularies in Scotland. Furthermore I forced the police to accept that and initiated training standards for stewards.

You see the problem with your last sentence is that you are stuck in this petty minded them and us mentality. It's not a case of who would suffer the most. It's a case of Clubs accepting responsibility for what happens inside their football grounds.

I must say it's quite comical to find you and others elsewhere siding with Graham Speirs on this debate; but then he doesn't understand what strict liability means; you should know better.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

On the contrary I saw exactly what was going on with different standards of policing and stewarding the same situations e.g. flags and the attitude of stewards towards fans; in different constabularies in Scotland. Furthermore I forced the police to accept that and initiated training standards for stewards.

When you've stopped patting yourself on the back perhaps you can tell us how you measure the "success" of that particular achievement: is it the amount of your fellow fans jailed or just those receiving banning orders?

You listed a total of nine individuals and organisations who opposed your attempted imposition of strict liability in all probability because they had the wit to recognise what opening that particular Pandora's Box would entail.

I'm sure the Rangers fans would be lining up in droves to personally thank you if they had to miss a game because their particular section of the ground was closed because a few Bears had a few shandy's too many and launched into the Billy Boys or through out an FTP or two, wouldn't they.

You see the problem with your last sentence is that you are stuck in this petty minded them and us mentality. It's not a case of who would suffer the most. It's a case of Clubs accepting responsibility for what happens inside their football grounds.

It's not that I'm stuck in anything just that I like almost everyone else with the exception of yourself can see the realpolitik where as you simply continue to display breathtaking levels of naivety.

I must say it's quite comical to find you and others elsewhere siding with Graham Speirs on this debate; but then he doesn't understand what strict liability means; you should know better.

I bow to your superior knowledge of Graham Spiers character but then I've never countenanced the notion of entertaining him (or David Low for that matter) in any matter let alone matters Rangers, was Spiers former flatmate (and Low's mate) and purveyor of anti-Rangers bile Matt McGlone too busy to make up a quartet with you on that occasion?

Sorry I was unable to take part in this debate last night but I'm glad to see that while the discussion has been fairly robust, there's not much for me to worry about by way of unreasonable contributions.

What I would say to those complaining about some criticism being overly personal, I'm afraid that's the nature of putting your head above the parapet with regard to such matters, Yes, some criticism may be irrelevant, unfair or indeed wrong but it's up to the candidate to challenge this where they can. If there's anything OTT, please report it and we'll deal with it appropriately.

In that sense, as much as I think Alan means well for the most part, his representative record has been inconsistent at best and it would be remiss of me not to allow appropriate discussion of this. With that in mind, I'd ask any critics to be fair to Alan also - namely avoid insults, avoid abuse and give the guy the chance to explain his actions. None of us are perfect and we all (should) learn from our mistakes.

Ultimately the RF electorate will decide who is and who is not appropriate. And, even then, if the single fan group does go ahead later this year then even these elections may be pointless. Though, as we can see with at least two shell groups waiting to step into RF's place, genuine unity remains as far away as ever.