Rangers First board candidates

Been busy all day so not had a chance to come on for a peek. I must say I am disappointed that this has only reached a 6 pages at this point. I was expecting a ball-bursting 20 pager by now!

I obviously need to read a bit about the candidates before commenting, but FWIW I share the concerns that some appear to be too close to the club and may have a problem should fans and club be moving in different directions again in the future. Gough could be good as a figurehead to speak out on fans issues that the club cannot speak about, but given he has pretty much had nothing to say these last 4 years while Sandy Jardine (RIP) and a small number of others were left fighting alone, it does seem strange that now his mate is in the Chair, he fancies being a fans rep. As Club Ambassador he surely cannot say anything controversial on behalf of RF that RFC could not be seen to say? Strange one that.

Directorships,Owners of companys with hundreds of employees.uni degrees,bsc,s ,corporate moguls,just general clever look at me types.

Ex players /captains,company secretarys etc,etc.

Just a general snapshot of your run of the mill teddy bear-----perfect for heading up the FANS voice in future---------------God help us.

Lifted from FF:

The Infamous Alan Harris - his chequered past

https://infamousalanharris.wordpress.com/

It seems you are famous over on followfollow BH!

Just had a wee look at the RF board election thread on FF. Jeez BH knows how to upset people, some of his misdeeds (allegedly) should ensure he will not be elected to any fans group board.

Sorry wee blunder it's a thread on him specifically not RF board.

Edited by BEARGER

Directorships,Owners of companys with hundreds of employees.uni degrees,bsc,s ,corporate moguls,just general clever look at me types.

Ex players /captains,company secretarys etc,etc.

Just a general snapshot of your run of the mill teddy bear-----perfect for heading up the FANS voice in future---------------God help us.

That's massively unfair.

Any Bear knows that sticking your head above the parapet will bring hundreds if not thousands of keyboard warriors down on your head, no matter what you do - it's a poisoned chalice. Even 'look at me' types would find something more suited to their narcissism than a Rangers fan board.

As for the run of the mill Teddy Bear - all that takes is cheering on The Rangers and nothing else.

That's massively unfair.

Any Bear knows that sticking your head above the parapet will bring hundreds if not thousands of keyboard warriors down on your head, no matter what you do - it's a poisoned chalice. Even 'look at me' types would find something more suited to their narcissism than a Rangers fan board.

As for the run of the mill Teddy Bear - all that takes is cheering on The Rangers and nothing else.

Dont twist it Andy.run of the mill Teds are for the most part ,joiners ,brickies,drivers,engineers etc(like every other club in the country)

These guys are not representative of the Gers support on the whole.(the candidates)

Maybe im more enlightened than you,i realise you dont have to wear a kilt to vote snp.

Dont twist it Andy.run of the mill Teds are for the most part ,joiners ,brickies,drivers,engineers etc(like every other club in the country)

These guys are not representative of the Gers support on the whole.(the candidates)

Maybe im more enlightened than you,i realise you dont have to wear a kilt to vote snp.

With the size of our fanbase, even our match day fans, I doubt you could get someone (or even a group) who represented all of us. All you can ask for is people with the best interests of the club at heart, and I don't see how running a company makes you any less of a fan than being a joiner.

I don't follow the last point you made, sorry.

Have I missed some posts?,I don't see anyone giving anyone a hard time,far less being singled out!,on this forum?.

Ian, I stated my OPINION,if you dont agree or understand it ,there is not a lot i can do about that.

IMO, the man has been treated unfairly--------you dont like that------tough!!!

With the size of our fanbase, even our match day fans, I doubt you could get someone (or even a group) who represented all of us. All you can ask for is people with the best interests of the club at heart, and I don't see how running a company makes you any less of a fan than being a joiner.

I don't follow the last point you made, sorry.

Sooooo,how many joiners,brickies,drivers,engineers etc are amonst the candidates Andy?

The last point was ---dont put us in little groups-----you dont need to be clever to be on a board of anything

The cleverest cant i ever knew was my old man,he left school at 14 and all he could do was skin rabbits.