Rangers v C****c Semi Final

We're underdogs, but we've been playing well and they haven't. I was dreading this draw as I just can't see us getting past them; although we may play better together, they've got better quality players. They're beatable, but it's a big ask.

I was under the impression that we could get a Euro spot by simply reaching the final (against them), which would make this draw bad for us; but if it's only Cup-winners that qualify, bring it on!

At the very least it'll be a good test of our level.

It's a very big ask and I feel that physically it will be very hard for us given that no referee will be brave enough to punish thuggery. I still remember Stokes putting Papac out the game (and nearly in a wheelchair) in the opening minute of a game and not getting a red. their constant talk of conspiracies against them and persecutions of the refs do them wonderful favours on the pitch and we aren't the most robust of sides or so it seems to me from a distance. I've never seen us live all season. Every time I make arrangements to travel up our games are moved. It's a nightmare as getting the time away from work isn't easy and then to do so and not see a game is infuriating.

When I first heard the draw I was a bit gutted. “We’re not ready for them. I don’t want to feel the pain of losing to them” was my initial thought (as I get older I get worse!). I still don’t think our defence is ready to handle their aerial power at set pieces, or Griffiths\Commons on their game. But then, looking at the bigger picture, I have changed my view. I now believe that, other than the pride of losing to them in a one-off defeat, we have NOTHING to lose. This is the best draw possible.

On the negative side I would rather lose to them in the semis than the final. On the positive side we will hopefully have the title in the bag, and a Hampden cup win a few days before in the bag, and we’ll be buzzing. The last time we played them we were lambs to the slaughter – Miller up on his own against two big burly centre backs, getting no service whatsoever. We looked SCARED in that game. We are now a far better team. They are a poorer team. They have not faced a team with our movement and we WILL create chances this time. It’s down to whether we take them.

For me though it’s the bigger picture. If we lose, we still know that we are on the right road with our excellent management team, and that the margin of a potential loss could be the barometer of where we need to be. On the other hand, if we win (which this time we CAN) we know full well they will invest big style, and we will have to back our manager in kind.

Crucially for me is the fact that their manager will be sacked (no debate!) if we beat them. They will then have to find a new manager quickly to lead them into a new season with us there. What new manager will find it easy with a first team squad the same size as their recent average home crowd, and none of them his players? If they beat us then guaranteed the bold Ronny is a hero again (after a fist pumping show at Hampden) and they are then left with the bad penny. While the Magic Hat has another summer to plan his ‘Blitzcrieg’ on the PL.

One last thing for me is that next season will not hold any ‘shocks to the system’ when it comes to facing them. This game will live with the players all summer, regardless of outcome, and will prepare them well.

Nothing to lose. So much to gain. FEAR NO FOE.

I’ve Got The Battle Fever On!

To Steve.C feel sorry for you mate ,I am a season ticket holder and able to get to re-arranged games as I am retired (almost,still doing something to keep me in a routine to keep me away from daytime tv) and can quite easily get to them.

It is an outrage how you and similar fans are treated especially for the Morton game, when the great Polis can't handle a record crowd:roflmao: at Castle Doom versus the Jags so we have to move to Friday night.

Edited by MacK1950

Is it not April yet??! I've been buzzing since the draw :D I honestly think we have a chance this year. Like others have said I was absolutely dreading the game last season but this is so much different. Lets get the title wrapped up and then get stuck into them. We hard;y laid a glove on them last year. Hoping this might be different this time :D

CELTIC Football Club would like to extend its upmost thanks to supporters for their brilliant backing at today’s Scottish Cup tie with Greenock Morton in Paradise.

Given the quarter-final match took place on Mother’s Day, kicked off at lunchtime on a Sunday and was screened live on TV, the Club hugely appreciates all the fans who were in attendance for the Hoops' dominant 3-0 victory.

Following the triumph over the Championship outfit, Ronny Deila's side are now looking forward to a semi-final at Hampden next month along with their remaining league fixtures as they attempt to make history and lift a fifth successive championship.

And being able to call upon such faithful supporters will be vital for the champions over the coming months as they pursue a domestic double and aim to deliver more silverware success.

Can someone explain the bit in bold to me?,how is winning 5 in a row making history?