The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I can't think of anyone we'd get much money for that we don't want to keep... We're at a stage where we want to free the wages of players who are not in the plans so can imagine us quite happy to let those kind of players go for free - and hopefully not having to pay them off.

I can't think of anyone we'd get much money for that we don't want to keep... We're at a stage where we want to free the wages of players who are not in the plans so can imagine us quite happy to let those kind of players go for free - and hopefully not having to pay them off.

Not making this another Ally v Warburton thread as it isn't solely something Ally had a problem with... but isn't it refreshing that of all the players Warburton brought in last summer there are almost NONE that we would have to release on a free (or pay off) because they just haven't cut it.

I would contend that the only "failures" he has had were Oduwa (the lad was also unlucky in that flair isn't something desired in Scotland... the amount of bad press he got for the rainbow flick was insance, and the lack of protection he got thereafter was obscene..... whilst Neymar does the exact same thing and it becomes a highlight reel....) and, strangely enough O'Halloran (his most expensive signing). O'Halloran still has plenty of time to prove himself and a good pre-season to understand the change in style may mean he hasn't been a failure at all. Danny Wilson has failed to impress too, and I think some would say Kiernan hasn't been great (though I think he would have been better with more experience beside him, same for Wilson funnily enough....)

I guess Zelalem is one that polarizes the support - however, like Oduwa, the only thing they have really cost us is wages - therefore no wasted transfer fee and no need for a pay-off.

Pretty much every other signing the opposite is true for us in that we are concerned that other clubs may try to poach them and we don't want to lose them. In the previous two or three seasons there have been very few players that we cared about losing. This year we would be upset at losing any of the entire 1st team squad I would have thought (OK, TB..... we know you would love us to get rid of Miller :D).

It is a great example of the progress we have made when we want to retain pretty much the whole 1st team squad.

Being able to snap up a player such as Rossiter shows yet again that our recruitment team are very different from previously. The previous recruitment department seemed scared to look past Hadrian's Wall at times. Now we are looking at snapping up young England internationals who seem to have a solid reputation south of the border - and even more pleasing is that they seem to be willing to at least listen to what the Club have to offer.

Like him or loathe him - even those who are not Dave King supporters must surely acknowledge the incredible strides we have made in 10 short months. It all started with their first appointment - and in getting Mark Warburton we won a watch for sure. King and his Board are certainly not perfect, but they also most certainly have us heading in the right direction both on and off the field.

Sorry for the tangential post dB. Will try harder in future :thup:

Edited by craig

Rangers have made an enquiry for Tottenham winger Alex Pritchard, Football Insider sources understand.

The Scottish giants have asked Spurs about the possibility of the former England Under-21 international going on loan to Ibrox next season.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Spurs will wait until later in the summer before making a decision on Pritchard.

The playmaker, 23, has spent the second half of this season on loan at West Brom but he has played just 66 minutes of Premier League football for Tony Pulis’ side.

It has been a frustrating season for Pritchard, who spent three months on the sidelines before Christmas with an ankle injury.

Pritchard had a successful loan spell playing for Rangers manager Mark Warburton at Brentford last season, where he scored 12 goals and supplied seven assists in 47 appearances for the Championship club.

He is highly regarded by Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff, who believe he can develop into a first-team player at White Hart Lane.

Warburton has made it clear he is keen for more Tottenham emerging stars to go on loan in Scotland.

The Rangers manager wants to strengthen the club’s relationship with the London giants after overseeing the development of Ball at Ibrox and Pritchard when he was at Brentford last season.

Lifelong Spurs fan Warburton believes Rangers could offer the perfect club for young Spurs players to develop while on loan and get crucial regular first-team matches.

Warburton has met several of the youth coaches at Spurs in the past and he believes the club has got it right, both at first-team level and when it comes to player development.

“I was very fortunate through the NextGen tournament to deal closely with people like John McDermott [spurs’ Head of Coaching & Player Development], Dean Rastrick [Academy Manager] and Ugo Ehiogu [under-21 Head Coach],” Warburton told the Rangers website.

“It was really good to chat to them and I had good conversations on many occasions.

“I saw their development process for young players, I saw how they give them an opportunity, how they challenge them, so I was delighted to work closely with Tottenham at that tournament and then take it forward from there.

“We’ve taken players in the past, we had young Alex Pritchard at Brentford last year, Dom Ball this year, so again this shows that we can create that environment that is conducive to the players’ development and hopefully strengthen the relationship with Tottenham.”

Rangers faced Spurs in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the Londoners’ training headquarters in Enfield on Wednesday morning as they step up their preparations for the Scottish Cup final on 21 May.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-launch-move-for-pritchard/

Edited by ian1964

Pritchard is definitely the best of the Spurs periphery players (although I would like to get Ball back again). He had a fantastic spell at Brentford but seems to have had injury problems ever since. I don't remember him as an out and out winger, more of an attacking midfielder, and would certainly add to our midfield options. Winks is likely to stay at Tottenham, but who probably would be better going out on loan for his own development.

Carrol is another they have high hopes for, but I am not sure if he would be suited to the Scottish game (picture a left footed Zelalem.)

McCulloch send off for that "challenge" ... how laughable was that? Then Mooy scores his once-a-season strike, Jelavic man-handled before their second ... well well.

Bocanegra ... he was class too, on and off the field.

BTW, Aaron Mooy is a central midfielder, has a contract till 2018, has played 26 games (for Melbourne), scored 11 and assisted 2 more goals.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-mooy/profil/spieler/123951

"Sources in Scotland" ... oh yes!

Edited by der Berliner

Aaron Mooy has been plying his trade for Melbourne City and has had a very good season. My wee cousin plays for them also and raves about him.

Aaron Mooy has been plying his trade for Melbourne City and has had a very good season. My wee cousin plays for them also and raves about him.

He and his agent will be looking for a fatter contract than we can offer.

ie. non-starter.