The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Only one I can come across guys is Lee Hodson I believe he may have been on loan to them.

Yeah, he played against us twice in the Cup games and Killie fans seemed to rate him for the 5 month spell he was there.

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 9m9 minutes ago

Clint Hill wil travel to Glasgow in the next 48 hours to complete his move to #Rangers. The 37 year old central defender is a free agent.

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 9m9 minutes ago

Clint Hill wil travel to Glasgow in the next 48 hours to complete his move to #Rangers. The 37 year old central defender is a free agent.

If this is true I genuinely hope MW knows what he's doing.

33k didnt renew ST's for us to sign a 38 year old CB.

Correct, 33k renewed their ST's because of the progress that was made last season by MW - or that should have been the driving factor anyway.

I think that MW has deserved belief from the supporters for the brand of football that we played last season, the fact we won the Championship comfortably, showing with last season's players that we can compete with the SPL teams (St Johnston result aside, we drew and beat Killie, thumped Dundee and drew with Celtic). All whilst playing an expansive brand of football.

I suspect that is the reason the vast majority renewed.

But if you renewed because you expected multi-million pound signings or the 18 yr old next Messi then you are more than likely in for disappointment.

Me ? I will trust that MW knows what he is doing. The Championship is a far tougher league than the SPL and Hill seems to have been very highly thought of at QPR. So much as though a 37 yr old doesn't exactly excite me - knowing he had a fairly successful season in a very difficult league, added to the fact that the last guy we signed in his late 30's showed that age is merely a number and performed exceptionally well for 4-5 yrs at the top level of Scottish football (at a time when the standard of player was much higher than it is now....thank you Davie Weir) leaves me very much giving Warburton the benefit of the doubt.

He did with ... Waghorn, Tavernier, Kiernan, Holt, Forrester, Ball etc. ... and sent Oduwa away when it did not click. Patience, young padawan ;)