The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Senderos ... Kiernan, Wilson, Crooks, McRory, and perhaps Bates can learn a lot from this chap. Kranjcar aside, he's the first real "top notch" player we may have signed in a wee while. Given where he's played and for whom, rather than personal opinion about his ability.

Jim White ‏@JimWhite

Can confirm @RangersFC bid in for Preston striker Joe Garner - Simon Grayson keen to secure replacement before selling.

Elsewhere:

DONE DEAL: Izzy Brown has joined Rotherham on a season-long long from Chelsea #rufc

Barton would be considered more "top notch" than Senderos.

Think Senderos would do a job for us as back up for the CB positions and who knows may even force his way in just need to see how it pans out i trust the magic hat will make the right decision as at the moment not put a foot wrong with regards to signings.

Because of a season at Olympique Marseille? I'd rank 13 years in the top flight of England (mostly), Italy and Spain a touch higher, but there you go.

Or having been a player for 12 years in the top flight at Man City, Newcastle & QPR, with a total of 255 Premiership appearances - whilst Senderos was always nothing more than a bit part player for Arsenal. Not only that but in the 13 years you say he played in the top flight he had 3 seasons where he never played a single game for Arsenal (one of those seasons he played 14 times for Milan on loan and one of the seasons he played twice for Everton on loan, one he never played at all). And in total he has played 152 games in top flight football. Of his appearances in Spain and Italy he only had 8 and 14 games respectively - but the way you posted it sure makes it look impressive - whilst Barton played 255 Premiership games he also played 25 times for Marseille - so top flight games of 280 vs Senderos of 152.

So, yes, over the piece I would contend that Barton would be considered more of a "top notch" signing than Senderos.

I find it disappointing that in order to justify your stance that Senderos would be our 1st top notch signing for a while after Niko, you are downplaying the achievements that Barton has had in the game.

Edited by craig

Think Senderos would do a job for us as back up for the CB positions and who knows may even force his way in just need to see how it pans out i trust the magic hat will make the right decision as at the moment not put a foot wrong with regards to signings.

If Senderos is being signed as a back up then we need to find an alternative signing.

We absolutely MUST get a CB in who would be an instant starter.

Because of a season at Olympique Marseille? I'd rank 13 years in the top flight of England (mostly), Italy and Spain a touch higher, but there you go.

You are crazy DB - as proven above Barton is one of if not the most experienced player playing in Scotland.

A consistent performer at the highest level who arguably deserved more international caps.

If Senderos is being signed as a back up then we need to find an alternative signing.

We absolutely MUST get a CB in who would be an instant starter.

I think at times we are too harsh on Kiernan and Wilson with Barton n Rossiter giving cover in front i think we would look a bit more solid at the back just my opinion though.

Senderos has hardly kicked a ball for the past two seasons, and he was injured for 6 months of the 2014/15 campaign with Valencia. He would be a massive gamble but his International and European pedigree may be worth it on a pay per game or short term deal. Hill is not the answer and clearly MW still sees Kiernan and Wilson as his best current options, so Senderos may be a s good as it gets.

Can you name me 5 players currently on pay as you play deals.

Honestly it's so rare you would be as well saying there's no such thing.

Or having been a player for 12 years in the top flight at Man City, Newcastle & QPR, with a total of 255 Premiership appearances - whilst Senderos was always nothing more than a bit part player for Arsenal. Not only that but in the 13 years you say he played in the top flight he had 3 seasons where he never played a single game for Arsenal (one of those seasons he played 14 times for Milan on loan and one of the seasons he played twice for Everton on loan, one he never played at all). And in total he has played 152 games in top flight football. Of his appearances in Spain and Italy he only had 8 and 14 games respectively - but the way you posted it sure makes it look impressive - whilst Barton played 255 Premiership games he also played 25 times for Marseille - so top flight games of 280 vs Senderos of 152.

So, yes, over the piece I would contend that Barton would be considered more of a "top notch" signing than Senderos.

I find it disappointing that in order to justify your stance that Senderos would be our 1st top notch signing for a while after Niko, you are downplaying the achievements that Barton has had in the game.

Impressive research proves your case, though I am still unconvinced that Barton is "top notch", a good quality, top quality even perhaps EPL player, but "top notch", not quite so sure.

Read my post again. Where did I say that? If you and other "less crazy" posters than me think that Barton is a name recognized throughout the footballing world like Kranjcar, no problem. Perhaps I'll be a be a touch more specific next time around.