The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

How many million pound a year players can we afford, might be a better question?

About the amount we are currently spending would be my guess. To speculate that we are starting to spend what we don't have again would be unfounded.

About the amount we are currently spending would be my guess. To speculate that we are starting to spend what we don't have again would be unfounded.

I disagree. We have been caught before by taking that approach.

I'm delighted at what we are doing but I'm not sure where the cash is coming from. Hopefully the directors have got it all under control, but the financial information available from previous accounts suggests we will be making a loss this year with the high wages for the key players and paying £1.5m for Garner.

People wanted King to spend money and front-loading our return to the Premiership was always going to be likely (but not to a dangerous extent).

I'd like to think the board have discussed the pros and cons of such a strategy and I'm sure the worth of certain players will have been taken into account as well. Transfer business is always a bit of a gamble but we can't have our cake and eat it.

I'm delighted at what we are doing but I'm not sure where the cash is coming from. Hopefully the directors have got it all under control, but the financial information available from previous accounts suggests we will be making a loss this year with the high wages for the key players and paying £1.5m for Garner.

You disagree with what? What "approach" are you reading from my post?

I'm saying [that my guess is] we are spending what we can afford. I'm also suggesting that insinuations that we are spending above our means are unfounded unless there is proof to suggest otherwise.

Bang on. I get enough of that from other clubs fans, thank you

Are you trying to insinuate something?,best leave that to the rest of the Rangers haters!

No need for anyone to get paranoid; it was a question not an insinuation.

The point being we appear to have gone very quickly from a position when we were offloading £5,6.7000/ week players to taking on at last four who would appear to be in the million pound a year or so bracket, which is great if we can afford it but not sure if it will be justified by the increase in prices and ST sales.

I am absolutely delighted at the prospect of watching a match fit Krancjar et al in Rangers colours, I just want to be sure that we are being prudent at the same time.

So, I am Rangers hater, do me a favour, Ian.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Which is exactly my point; were we not told that the club would be run within its means/to balance the books or words to that effect?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Which is exactly my point; were we not told that the club would be run to within its means/balance the books or words to that effect?

Yes we were told that. And that is why I believe that's what they are doing. So what is your point exactly - that they are not??