Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

That seems a reasonable make up. Given that make up either rf is under represented or some of the 3 who have resigned must be on the working party.

No they expect Ricki Neil and James Blair to step up , that then throws up other issues previously raised

But they can attend anytime they want?

Yes that was what was in the email , any member can attend as long as they are one of their nominated number ie only 3 from the RST at any one time but it can be any of the RST elected members , same for every org

I understand your issues re independence and it's a valid concern.

I have to say though this Donohoe sounds like a pompous twat who drove his agenda into a wall and is now crying to mum.

He reminds me of the yesers and remain lot.

Pete I was informed by club1872 tonight ,( after politely asking via email ) about the set up of the working group , it's normally 3 from RF , 3 fron the RST , 2 from the RSA and 2 from the Assembly , plus 2 from the Rangers fan board , any elected member of any of the organisations can attend in their capacity of representing their organisations so the working party is pretty fluid as it's rarely the same people whom attend all the time .

There has never been a formal vote taken as every decision has been agreed after discussion , I never asked for names as I felt it was unimportant.

Small point about your post above , and this will be my last , you keep insinuating that I either wanted this to dail or not happen at all , that has never been my intention ever . I have been consistent in wanting it stalled till everything was worked out prior to a merger , but I was told that couldn't happen , however I am now being told that the working group needs time to sort things out before going public later this year , to me that's gross hypocrisy , you will probably disagree , but that's life isn't it .

Nice to know.....:wtf:

Pete I was informed by club1872 tonight ,( after politely asking via email ) about the set up of the working group , it's normally 3 from RF , 3 fron the RST , 2 from the RSA and 2 from the Assembly , plus 2 from the Rangers fan board , any elected member of any of the organisations can attend in their capacity of representing their organisations so the working party is pretty fluid as it's rarely the same people whom attend all the time .

There has never been a formal vote taken as every decision has been agreed after discussion , I never asked for names as I felt it was unimportant.

Small point about your post above , and this will be my last , you keep insinuating that I either wanted this to dail or not happen at all , that has never been my intention ever . I have been consistent in wanting it stalled till everything was worked out prior to a merger , but I was told that couldn't happen , however I am now being told that the working group needs time to sort things out before going public later this year , to me that's gross hypocrisy , you will probably disagree , but that's life isn't it .

I didn't mean to insinuate that you wanted it to fail and I don't think I have said that. You wanted it delayed. What would that have brought? Personally I think it would only have brought more indecision. When you are standing on the high diving plank then mostly suspending an immediate dive means you will be going back down the stairs. While small things may have been sorted out the main thrust of support may have been lost. The boards had the backing of 90% of members it would have been crazy not to take the plunge and wait. How long should they have waited? Personally I think that would of only have brought a loss of support.

Sorry Craig but club 1872 is being set up. That was the wish of 90% of members of both organisations. The fact that a small portion of the remaining 10% are shit stirring doesn't mean everything is a shambles as is being made out. It is obvious some people have an agenda to make it look like that.It was always likely that mistakes would be made if they have been made. I am not sure why you think RBR's prophetic insight is correct as the people that matter, namely the RF\RST boards seem to think that the building bricks are being put nicely in place. I suppose it is who and what a person wants to believe they will back.

1. You cant state as fact that only a small portion of the remaining 10% are shit stirring. It is ignorant to suggest that "if you aren't with us then you are shit stirring". Al of a sudden if you don't like what is happening you are shit stirring instead of showing concern ? Hardly suggests some grand desire for unity...

2. It may not mean everything is a shambles as is being made out. But in the same vein it also doesn't mean it isn't, does it ? You believe one side all you like - doesn't mean the opposite side are wrong.

3. The people that matter are the FANS. They are the ones that ultimately give the blessing to a unified fans group or not. Lets not forget that 90+% agreed that they wanted unity - they did not necessarily agree that the current way is the right way of achieving that

4. The RF/RST Boards seem to think that the building bricks are being put nicely in place ?? 3 of the RF Board have just resigned. That is "nicely being put in place" ? Just what is being put in place ??? I'm all ears because I haven't seen or heard what is being put in place yet. Have I missed what exactly it is that is being put in place ?

Yes, who and what a person wants to believe is what they will back. You have very clearly shown that you support the current C1872, as is your prerogative. Me ? I support fans unity and would love to see it happen. Do I support the current C1872 ? Yes, I do as it happens. But I also believe that resignations should not be dismissed as "shit stirring", no matter who they come from. They should, at the very least, be acknowledged and then explained away. C1872 response was to say they weren't "substantive" which is not true in the case of at least one accusation being made by a departed Board member.

Nice to know.....:wtf:

And therein lies one of the issues..... One of the Fans Board Members didn't even know that he had an opportunity to attend.... though, I guess, the criticism could be aimed at the Fans Board for not informing you FS ?? Or was the Fans Board not told by C1872 ?

So many questions, so few answers....

I didn't mean to insinuate that you wanted it to fail and I don't think I have said that. You wanted it delayed. What would that have brought? Personally I think it would only have brought more indecision. When you are standing on the high diving plank then mostly suspending an immediate dive means you will be going back down the stairs. While small things may have been sorted out the main thrust of support may have been lost. The boards had the backing of 90% of members it would have been crazy not to take the plunge and wait. How long should they have waited? Personally I think that would of only have brought a loss of support.

Yes, you did say that pete.

To use your analogy of diving.... It is fine to take the plunge - but by not delaying to deliberate fully on the proper integration means that, as looks to be the case, we will have a series of Greg Luganis dives where his head smashes off the diving board, rather than the Olympic gold winning Greg Luganis that we could have had.

Sometimes taking the plunge works out, but very often it doesn't - and when it doesn't the repercussions can be severe and life-threatening to the very thing we ALL wanted to see happen.