Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

My biggest gripe , if you want to call it that , is that we were told that we HAD to move in the summer , HAD to , but whats happened since has been an information vaccum.The WP members might be the most diligent WP every in the history of WP,s but we simply don't know , yesterdays announcement from club1872 was in part forced due to the resignation letters becoming public , the elections are not due to be held until August/Sep at the earliest , in the meantime membership numbers have dropped even though this scheme has been widely advertised and club led/backed.

I know we cant turn the clock back but for the love of god I simple cannot see why our initial worries about it being rushed were ignored , these draft agreemnents could still have been worked on , the relevant membership lists could have been sorted by both organisations ,( another small issue about this is if the membership lists aren't valid , is the vote valid ) .

As I stated before and will continue to until people realise , this has been a disaster from day 1 , its been rushed with little or no thought to what happens next and that simply didn't have to happen , if they cannot get the basics right god help us in the future.

1. You cant state as fact that only a small portion of the remaining 10% are shit stirring. It is ignorant to suggest that "if you aren't with us then you are shit stirring". Al of a sudden if you don't like what is happening you are shit stirring instead of showing concern ? Hardly suggests some grand desire for unity...

2. It may not mean everything is a shambles as is being made out. But in the same vein it also doesn't mean it isn't, does it ? You believe one side all you like - doesn't mean the opposite side are wrong.

3. The people that matter are the FANS. They are the ones that ultimately give the blessing to a unified fans group or not. Lets not forget that 90+% agreed that they wanted unity - they did not necessarily agree that the current way is the right way of achieving that

4. The RF/RST Boards seem to think that the building bricks are being put nicely in place ?? 3 of the RF Board have just resigned. That is "nicely being put in place" ? Just what is being put in place ??? I'm all ears because I haven't seen or heard what is being put in place yet. Have I missed what exactly it is that is being put in place ?

Yes, who and what a person wants to believe is what they will back. You have very clearly shown that you support the current C1872, as is your prerogative. Me ? I support fans unity and would love to see it happen. Do I support the current C1872 ? Yes, I do as it happens. But I also believe that resignations should not be dismissed as "shit stirring", no matter who they come from. They should, at the very least, be acknowledged and then explained away. C1872 response was to say they weren't "substantive" which is not true in the case of at least one accusation being made by a departed Board member.

Let me be clear. I am saying nothing as fact as it is my opinion and I am not in a position to say anything as fact. If i said that RBR wanted club 1872 to fail then I apologise. Am I correct in saying he voted against the motion to go forward at the time of the vote?

It would seem reading from the C1872 statement the people that resigned did not bring any of their complaints up within the group. That was the place to try and iron out any grievances they had. I agree with BD(I think) that statement should have come from the RF board and not C1872.

I will say though I don't see that the time span to the release of a statement in reaction to the newspaper article as incorrect. A normal way of working (in my opinion) would have been to keep things internal and inform it's members via an E-mail and via their website. Statements in newspapers are certainly not the correct way to inform members of the resignations

For the rest it is just your opinion and mine. I can imagine that mistakes have been made but this is a learning curve for all involved.

I can't be bothered getting into a " You can't say this because it could be that" kind of argument.

I think most are in agreement that fan unity is a fantastic step. Whether it should it have been delayed is a matter of opinion. I personally think it would have caused more problems and I think it is now a moot point. All that it brings now is a feel good factor of "I told you so" If things do go wrong. It is now better to move on and accept that the wheels are in motion.

For the rest I will agree to disagree with you on the subject as I feel I have been going round in circles.

I've had an email from Club 1872 asking me to register and update my profile. I make a small monthly contribution to Rangers First and can't really be bothered with the internal politicking. I trust you guys on Gersnet to advise the best course of action.

What's the general concensus? Should I cancel my sub? Register with 1872? Just who are the good guys in all of this? Don't know anyone personally in the fans' groups but happy to take counsel from regular fans.

I've had an email from Club 1872 asking me to register and update my profile. I make a small monthly contribution to Rangers First and can't really be bothered with the internal politicking. I trust you guys on Gersnet to advise the best course of action.

What's the general concensus? Should I cancel my sub? Register with 1872? Just who are the good guys in all of this? Don't know anyone personally in the fans' groups but happy to take counsel from regular fans.

If you want to carryon then register with club1872 , that way you will still be entitled to vote , don't let anyone sway your own decision mate , especially us old cynical twisted bastards whom at the end of the day just love a right old moan and an online barny .

Register and vote in upcoming board elections, give the new board a chance. These fans are putting in hours of their free time to get this up and running.

If you want to carryon then register with club1872 , that way you will still be entitled to vote , don't let anyone sway your own decision mate , especially us old cynical twisted bastards whom at the end of the day just love a right old moan and an online barny .

It's because you're cynical and twisted that I'm inclined to trust your judgement on this.:):)

It's because you're cynical and twisted that I'm inclined to trust your judgement on this.:):)

Lolol , at the end of the day we are where we are , my biggest gripe was notrim about club1872 , but the speed I felt it was rushed through with , everything they are doing now with 5 separate bodies involved , could have IMHO been achieved faster and more efficiently by 2 . You go with what your head tells you , if you listen to your heart following Rangers you will be permanently skint .

I attended one of the meetings at the Ibrox suite and my thoughts to Greg Marshall were that we were missing a step in the governance process. My view, similar to RBR's, is that we needed more consultation before voting yay or nay for club1872...

I was in favour and still am, and won't be cancelling my subscription, but I do think that more thought needs to be given to the governance of the new organisation. At the end of the day we are putting faith in people who give up their time voluntarily, but nonetheless are in charge of significant sums on behalf of members. With all the sniping and agendas, we're in danger of scaring away the calibre of people needed to help make this the success it hopefully will prove to be.

As with any organisation, it takes time and persistence. Mistakes will be made. We need to learn from this episode so my next piece of advice is that the elected board of club1872 (whenever that happens) should carry out a review (ideally independently) of the working group and its work, before enacting its recommendations.

The report and findings should be provided to members along with any recommendations deemed necessary to ensure transparent governance as we move forward.

I had a chat with PLGsarmy today about some of this. There have been issues with the merger, but there is a lot of work going on to sort them out and progress is being made. Once it's in a better position, elections will take place so that the guys who are going to run it going forward will not walk into huge problems.

There have been problems and many would agree that things could have been done differently, as has been pointed out by the likes of rbr, but we are where we are now and hopefully things will start to improve.

There's no reason on the face of it not to stick with it.