Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

And the only victims of the headshots, from BOTH sides, are the fans in general. The notion of unity seems as far away now as it did when we had competing groups.

Depressing isn't it!,pissed off with it all mate,I will concentrate on the football from now on!,roll on the new season!

And the only victims of the headshots, from BOTH sides, are the fans in general. The notion of unity seems as far away now as it did when we had competing groups.

You'll never get 100% unity.

However, if most of the problems are ironed out, group gets up and running and successful elections are held in August/September there is no reason why things can't get significantly better.

You'll always have a small number of loud protestors/haters on social media because it's what they do and have done for years.

Its probably worse,imo.When RF were riding the crest of a wave ive never personally seen the fans more unified------thats gone now.

You'll never get 100% unity.

However, if most of the problems are ironed out, group gets up and running and successful elections are held in August/September there is no reason why things can't get significantly better.

You'll always have a small number of loud protestors/haters on social media because it's what they do and have done for years.

Those problems, whilst not insurmountable, are still fairly serious. It also seems, depending on who you believe, that an attempt has been made to effectively sweep them under the carpet. Even today's C1872 statement tries to do this by claiming that the issues raised by BD and KJ are "not substantive" despite one of those issues being very much substantive.

Everyone wants unity I would contend (though admittedly some only want it if they are at the top table - that happens in all walks of life) but when you have issues that are seen as serious by some and ignored by others then that unity becomes even harder to achieve.

I will be over the moon the day we get unity (which, of course, couldn't possibly be 100% as that is a fallacy - even the mobilized from the East End are not 100% unified) - though I have my own doubts that I will actually see that day before they put me in a box.

Edited by craig

Its probably worse,imo.When RF were riding the crest of a wave ive never personally seen the fans more unified------thats gone now.

Yep, there was very much a feel good factor around everything at the Club. Things progressing in the right direction. Not so much now.

Personally I think that rbr's request not to rush all of this through seems to have been sadly prophetic.

Yep, there was very much a feel good factor around everything at the Club. Things progressing in the right direction. Not so much now.

Personally I think that rbr's request not to rush all of this through seems to have been sadly prophetic.

Sorry Craig but club 1872 is being set up. That was the wish of 90% of members of both organisations. The fact that a small portion of the remaining 10% are shit stirring doesn't mean everything is a shambles as is being made out. It is obvious some people have an agenda to make it look like that.It was always likely that mistakes would be made if they have been made. I am not sure why you think RBR's prophetic insight is correct as the people that matter, namely the RF\RST boards seem to think that the building bricks are being put nicely in place. I suppose it is who and what a person wants to believe they will back.

Pete I was informed by club1872 tonight ,( after politely asking via email ) about the set up of the working group , it's normally 3 from RF , 3 fron the RST , 2 from the RSA and 2 from the Assembly , plus 2 from the Rangers fan board , any elected member of any of the organisations can attend in their capacity of representing their organisations so the working party is pretty fluid as it's rarely the same people whom attend all the time .

There has never been a formal vote taken as every decision has been agreed after discussion , I never asked for names as I felt it was unimportant.

Small point about your post above , and this will be my last , you keep insinuating that I either wanted this to dail or not happen at all , that has never been my intention ever . I have been consistent in wanting it stalled till everything was worked out prior to a merger , but I was told that couldn't happen , however I am now being told that the working group needs time to sort things out before going public later this year , to me that's gross hypocrisy , you will probably disagree , but that's life isn't it .