[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 48; Waghorn 90)

Have said what I needed to say so am finished with matter as it seems to upset many on here.

It didn't upset me MaK. I was only pointing out that there is a large cabal out there who will do exactly what you were asking for. No need for us to get involved in identifying the fanny responsible.

Really enjoyed the game on Saturday....

Think Chris McLaughlin (??) made a valid point....we started nervous & M/well were desperate (and it showed...)

I thought that we didn't rush things since it was only Game 2 of pre-season, we were patient in build up, and probed their defence, looking for a way past. There was no rush or desperation. We played the ball around well - general movement could have been a bit better at times.

The defence looks shaky at times and scrambled for cover - I'm sure MW will rectify that in due course.

Was very impressed with Krancjar. The goal opportunity caught him well off guard, but I thought his general play after that was excellent - measured & composed. He was also getting into some excellent positions.

O'Hallaran & Windass were also similar, thought they caused a lot of trouble to the Well defence.

All in, a very tidy performance.

The only thing that worried me about Kranjcar was his obvious lack of pace: he seemed to be really struggling there.

However, his game isn't about getting from box to box so I'm not too concerned, more so as his ongoing improved fitness/sharpness should help him grab back an extra yard or so. It seems clear he'll be used in games where we're struggling to break teams down - as opposed to someone who'll start every week.

I was actually impressed with the amount of players who did look sharp. Clearly there's a hunger there to get a first team jersey.

I think we played reasonably well with the same team as last season but showed the frailties that those players seem to possess - bombscare in defence, not creating enough in the opposition box, as well as missing the target with some otherwise good chances.

We did dominate and kept possession well, although at times we did so in an overly conservative way, which was paradoxically a bit risky at 1-0 up - I think we needed to press more for a second goal. Without changes at the back, I'm not too comfortable about a bit of sitting on a one goal lead. At least Waghorn saved us from a nervy added time.

The good thing is that despite no changes to the team from last year, we coped well with an SP club, despite the obvious higher level of the opposition. However, that higher level did show that it wouldn't take much bad luck for us to drop points. So I'm looking forward to a few of the new signings starting the game. Krancjar definitely showed a lot of promise, and I'd like to see him get a wee bit fitter and sharper and start alongside Barton and Hill.

I think that will close some of the holes and raise us to a higher level where we should dispatch most teams a bit more easily, at least when we're not suffering from a lack of form. As Celtic showed in the cup game, their best chance to beat us is to concentrate on our weakness at the back, and especially high balls and crosses. I'm hoping Clint will fix that, and Joey will reduce the number of times they are able to get those chances.

In attack, it seems our main tactic is to get deep in the box and check the ball back to an oncoming player, or square it across goal. While this is good football, I think we have to be careful not to be too predictable, as there was plenty of times we ran out of room or ideas. I still want to see us mix it up a bit to give the opposition more variety to worry about - especially against the top few sides.

Agree with just about everything you say Calscot, and at 80-85mns I was standing(nobody was sitting down) thinking the same thing about missed chances. If we are going to leave an open door at the back, we can't be going into the last 10-15mins of a match just 1-0 ahead, we need to be more clinical in front of goal. I would expect/hope that will come with time and sharpness.

The only thing that worried me about Kranjcar was his obvious lack of pace: he seemed to be really struggling there.

Shouldn't be an issue if he can read & dictate the game. From memory, Ray Wilkins or Bazza never appeared to be fasted/most mobile players, yet were a massive influence in midfield.

As I was arguing that we should self police I will explain why the pictures were removed from the site. As I said in a post I hope it is the guy who threw the bomb as he will be slaughtered. There is in fact no evidence in the photo's that the boy in the picture actually let off the bomb. We all have the right to be innocent until proven guilty. The photo's showed no proof of that. If I was a police officer i would certainly want to talk to him but we cannot play judge and jury and hang the guy on the circumstantial evidence that only proves he was in the vicinity of the smoke.

Does wearing a Hood prove anything?

Does people looking at him prove anything?

Does him taking a picture of it prove anything?

My answer to these photo's is No they prove totally nothing. If there is a photo with him holding the bomb then that would be a different matter. If anyone wants to pass them on to the authorities then that is their good right but it is not our job to judge him guilty.

Shouldn't be an issue if he can read & dictate the game. From memory, Ray Wilkins or Bazza never appeared to be fasted/most mobile players, yet were a massive influence in midfield.

Agreed. As long as Barton and/or Halliday/Windass are playing they'll do the defensive work to allow Kranjcar to 'cheat' now and again.