Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

I don't think progressing in the League Cup and getting 7 out of 9 points in a piss easy league is much cause for celebration personally.

Ach we will all just stick our heads in the oven then and try give you something to be happy about! Ibrox will be empty and there will be no one left to don the jersey...and you'll be on Gersnet all by yourself.

Cheer up mate...savour the moments.

Back in the real world we have been pretty woeful for a very long time now. Combined with the fact we've always been defensively appalling under Warburton it's a real cause for concern.

I don't think progressing in the League Cup and getting 7 out of 9 points in a piss easy league is much cause for celebration personally.

The manager and players have to find out the level for themselves and this is a good start coming out unbeaten so far. The players will know they have to step it up a level. Its a regime that is 12 months old and played against some part time opposition during that year so still at early days. We will win more games than we lose this season that's for sure. That said I don't think there is much between the majority of Premier and Championship sides but we cant expect to hit 4-0 wins every week at the moment especially when we are still looking for our best XI. Find that XI out is not possible at the moment when its a few games into the season and MW hasn't seen enough players playing together yet during matches.

Back in the real world we have been pretty woeful for a very long time now. Combined with the fact we've always been defensively appalling under Warburton it's a real cause for concern.

We're dooooomed

If leading a pis poor league is not much cause for celebration I'm assuming you'll not be celebrating if we win the same piss poor league?

Back in the real world it is almost as if the last 4 years never happened. Reality check is required i think and expectations tailored to something more realistic. Just because we're back in the top flight does not mean the rebuilding job is anywhere near completed. Personally if we win this league this year it will be an incredible feat.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_20_at_20_01_15.png

Before the goal from McDonald, Tav and Wilson seem to play him onside, and in the slow mo you see that the ball also deflects from one of our players.

That said, and Alan McLaren noted it too, McDonald got away with about 13 fouls before even being spoken to by the ref, while constantly complaining any decision against him. But the ref also missed the foul on Halliday for a clear penalty in the second half at 0-1. All history now, but you wonder what report will be send back to the HQ.

It was a real bit of slack passing and control between Barton and Rossitter that left our whole right flank exposed for the goal. Tav had pushed forward because we were in no danger and were in complete control of the ball until the two of them fluffed their lines.

We are a work in progress, and achieving results during the toil is testament to the management team. I am a happier Bear.

However, and there has to be a however. The midfield trio of Barton, Halliday, and Rossiter will not stand. Last season, the centre circle was the domain of Andy Halliday. The first four/five games, the centre-circle meister was Joey Barton. The last three games has seen that territory belong to Rossiter. Basically, we have three times the same type of player; one is comfortable, the other two being pushed into uncomfortable roles. Barton was wide, on the touchlines on occasion, whereas Halliday was attempting to rush late into the box.

I know both Windas and Holt are currently injured. When they regain full fitness, Holt in particular must be accommodated. In the meantime, I think we are struggling to find O'Halloran's best starting position. Both, team position and in each phase of play. He cannot exploit his obvious pace higher up the pitch, because there is no space when he receives the ball. I think Barrie McKay suffered from this too, yesterday. We may have to mix it for home and away matches, or when the more hubristic teams come to Ibrox?