Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

Way too sensible post!. The manager got his team correct today and we were very unlucky,we should have won that game easily today!,but we never so let's just sack the manager,that will help us move forward!.

I think the type of commentary you're speaking of is remarkably similar to the press who have an interest in being as sensationalist as they possibly can be even when their sensationalism stretches common sense credibility to it's limits. A current headline after todays result.

Mark Warburton refuses to comment on Joey Barton following Rangers dismal draw against Ross County

It was nothing like dismal. It was frustrating for us but for a neutral would have been a scintillating match to watch.

No he isn't making him out to be a Pep, he's merely stating facts. And what he states is indisputable.

I just can't understand those who are talking about the manager having two games to save his Ibrox tenure. It's a mentalist approach.

The sooner people realize this is a longer term project the better. Infrastructure needs built and MW has been instrumental in enhancing that. But it still has a distance to go. We rid ourselves of MW and we take a number of steps backwards in this regard.

I keep hearing about us having the 2nd biggest resources in the league, which is true. But we also have to remember that we have come up a division where the players are bigger, stronger, fitter and faster than last years opponents. Resources don't guarantee you players who can deal with that.

Interestingly enough, the younger players that MW has brought to the club have done very well. It is the experienced, English Premiership standard players who have under-performed for us.

Whilst we want to be challenging for the title we have to be realistic this season. I believe we will finish second but am realistic enough to know that is not guaranteed. For me at least MW gets a free pass this season. Next season, with an SPFL season under his belt, is when I will judge him.

Finally, look at some of the players he has brought to the Club who have done very well for us and have pretty good sell-on value.... Windass, Holt, Tavernier, Waghorn, Foderingham, Rossiter, Halliday - and the resurgence of McKay. All things considered, playing poorly or not, the distance this team has travelled in 15 months under MW is nothing short of remarkable. He deserves more than a 6 month spell in the SPFL to determine his Rangers future.

To be frank, the short term nature that some of our fans have is incredibly frustrating. The Rangers way has NEVER been one of short term appointments, we are a Club that prefers stability (last 4 years aside) and I would be very disappointed to see use alter that philosophy.

Nothing more to be added, my thoughts exactly. The only way MW wont be there this season is if HE walks. Anyone talking about him being sacked if we lost at Pittodrie with results so far has a postage stamp mentality.

How long before the "Bring in Walter" brigade start? After all it is Rangers and we have a great track record of myopic short termism...

Let's calm everyone and get a reality check. We are 6 games into a new season. Ok we haven't hit the ground running but in 5 of the 6 games we have been the dominate team and with a few breaks here and there could/should be sitting with 4/5 wins. Give the manager time to bed in his players and he will get this right. I'm an optimist and I genuinely have a good feeling about going away to Hearts and Aberdeen as both those teams will open up and come at us. If we can defend better I feel these games will suit us better than trying to break down a packed rear guard.

Don't see how we have been unlucky. We have been poor it's nothing to do with luck.

Finishing is poor, defending is poor, pressing is poor and movement is poor.Fitness levels are average at best.

Yesterday was our best performance of the season and we still couldn't beat Ross county because of our below standard attacking movement in the last third.The movement through the middle is amateurish. Nobody is in the box looking to get on the end of chances. We stand back watching the game hoping a chance falls to us instead of attacking the ball or space

The formation doesn't fit the players available in most games and as the manager admitted last week some of the players don't seem to know their roles yet. The midfield we have brought in doesn't work as a unit. All the problems are of our own making nothing to do with luck.

An idea when players are not understanding their roles and lacking fitness would be to stop giving so many days off and getting them in for extra sessions. The managers approach has been to let the squad work it out verbally. Stuff that get them working.

2 wins 1 loss 3 draws 7goals for and 9 against in 6 games is terrible league form. The Time to get the finger out and decide on a settled line up was weeks ago. Overall it's not good enough and no excuses should be made. We must beat Aberdeen and hearts. A heavy loss to either and he's under serious pressure.

Don't see how we have been unlucky. We have been poor it's nothing to do with luck.

Finishing is poor, defending is poor, pressing is poor and movement is poor.Fitness levels are average at best.

Yesterday was our best performance of the season and we still couldn't beat Ross county because of our below standard attacking movement in the last third.The movement through the middle is amateurish. Nobody is in the box looking to get on the end of chances. We stand back watching the game hoping a chance falls to us instead of attacking the ball or space

The formation doesn't fit the players available in most games and as the manager admitted last week some of the players don't seem to know their roles yet. The midfield we have brought in doesn't work as a unit. All the problems are of our own making nothing to do with luck.

An idea when players are not understanding their roles and lacking fitness would be to stop giving so many days off and getting them in for extra sessions. The managers approach has been to let the squad work it out verbally. Stuff that get them working.

2 wins 1 loss 3 draws 7goals for and 9 against in 6 games is terrible league form. The Time to get the finger out and decide on a settled line up was weeks ago. Overall it's not good enough and no excuses should be made. We must beat Aberdeen and hearts. A heavy loss to either and he's under serious pressure.

Nothing in football is down to luck. I think most people are aware we have been poor but despite that we still could have won all our games (apart from Parkhead) without actually playing to anywhere near our full potential