Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

9 points out of 18 is poor. The six games have not been great to watch. And we havent played hertz or dolly yet

Only the super optimists expected us to challenge for the title. But a top three finish is a must for a EL place.

I was concerned about the summer signings because I didnt think they properly addressed the two areas in the team which needed improvement i.e. CB & up front.

We've now got over 40k ST holders. The Rangers board will want to keep that number & if it means ditching the manager for someone to they think can do a better job they will do so. Any club would do the same when results & performances aren't up to scratch as they have been for some time now going back to last season

I want to stop the timz getting 10 in a row. Parochial, I know - but I do. We won't have many chances to do it. The EL - in the unlikely even we were to progress beyond the qualifiers - would prove a barrier to achieving that. The Thursday-Sunday malarkey has played havoc with many a team's season, teams from clubs that have been stable for years at that. Something we don't/won't have beside us.

PS We also won't stop them if we keep switching manager. if you ditch MW (madness in my opinion) what happens if the next guy comes in and is ditched a season later because "results & performances aren't up to scratch "? Where are we then - them going for 9 in a row and us in utter chaos? No thanks.

Edited by SteveC

I want to stop the timz getting 10 in a row. Parochial, I know - but I do. We won't have many chances to do it. The EL - in the unlikely even we were to progress beyond the qualifiers - would prove a barrier to achieving that. The Thursday-Sunday malarkey has played havoc with many a team's season, teams from clubs that have been stable for years at that. Something we don't/won't have beside us.

PS We also won't stop them if we keep switching manager. if you ditch MW (madness in my opinion) what happens if the next guy comes in and is ditched a season later because "results & performances aren't up to scratch "? Where are we then - them going for 9 in a row and us in utter chaos? No thanks.

Is anyone actually counting 10 in a row? 4 of those titles would be without us even being in the league to challenge. I genuinely couldn't give a flying damn about this pointless "title".

Nothing in football is down to luck. I think most people are aware we have been poor but despite that we still could have won all our games (apart from Parkhead) without actually playing to anywhere near our full potential

But we didnt win all our games (apart from Parkhead) did we?

We have to analyse why we didn't. Poor summer signings being one reason. One of the areas we needed to strengthen was up front & I'm not convinced about Joe Garner

I want to stop them getting ten in a row too but for me it's one stage at a time. A top three finish would do for me to get us into the EL. Strengthen properly in the next two transfer windows and we should be able to challenge for the title next season

But we didnt win all our games (apart from Parkhead) did we?

We have to analyse why we didn't. Poor summer signings being one reason. One of the areas we needed to strengthen was up front & I'm not convinced about Joe Garner

Poor summer signings? Is this based on 6 league games? Some of the new players have played on 2 or 3 times? What chance do we have if we are going to judge every player so quickly. Let's give them a chance for goodness sakes

In your world turnover beats anything , in your world upsets would never happen , last week a wee diddy team beat Barca in their own home , first time in something like 146 games Barca were beaten at hone or something daft , how did that happen

In any world we have made a dismal start to the season. You can make any excuses you want, but nothing will change that fact.

No he isn't making him out to be a Pep, he's merely stating facts. And what he states is indisputable.

I just can't understand those who are talking about the manager having two games to save his Ibrox tenure. It's a mentalist approach.

The sooner people realize this is a longer term project the better. Infrastructure needs built and MW has been instrumental in enhancing that. But it still has a distance to go. We rid ourselves of MW and we take a number of steps backwards in this regard.

I keep hearing about us having the 2nd biggest resources in the league, which is true. But we also have to remember that we have come up a division where the players are bigger, stronger, fitter and faster than last years opponents. Resources don't guarantee you players who can deal with that.

Interestingly enough, the younger players that MW has brought to the club have done very well. It is the experienced, English Premiership standard players who have under-performed for us.

Whilst we want to be challenging for the title we have to be realistic this season. I believe we will finish second but am realistic enough to know that is not guaranteed. For me at least MW gets a free pass this season. Next season, with an SPFL season under his belt, is when I will judge him.

Finally, look at some of the players he has brought to the Club who have done very well for us and have pretty good sell-on value.... Windass, Holt, Tavernier, Waghorn, Foderingham, Rossiter, Halliday - and the resurgence of McKay. All things considered, playing poorly or not, the distance this team has travelled in 15 months under MW is nothing short of remarkable. He deserves more than a 6 month spell in the SPFL to determine his Rangers future.

To be frank, the short term nature that some of our fans have is incredibly frustrating. The Rangers way has NEVER been one of short term appointments, we are a Club that prefers stability (last 4 years aside) and I would be very disappointed to see use alter that philosophy.

I'm someone who appreciates the necessity for long term planning. We are currently fourth in the league though and Warburton isn't new in the position. All jobs have certain minimum standards to adhere to and Warburton is no different. If we don't finish in the top 2 this season then that would suggest we are not going in the correct direction long term or short term.

5 points from 9 at home against Hamilton Motherwell and Ross county only managing 3 goals in the process is as close to losing them as winning.

And some don't greet the day and the Sun in the morning, but only see the next night that is coming.

County came here with only one intent: getting a point, possibly more. I find it still rather strange that people have the ability to block out the opposition out of any revision of our performance. Nothing new, of course. And while you can create your own fortune, if not to say luck, you do depend on it as well. A game of football is a game of chance, and the better quality your players have, the better are your chances. But no matter what, the opposition always have their chances too, how little they may be. In a game of football, you sometimes don't need many chances. And if quality or tactics cancel one another out, you do need (and sometimes get) the bit of luck required, be it the deflection that puts the ball out of the goalie's reach, the deflection of a defender, or the ref being fooled by a dive. Or the wicked bounce of the ball to set your striker on a free run at the goal. We've seen it all before, dozens of times.

Yesterday neither the ref, nor the linesman (whom you would have thought had a free view of it - as it is his area of control) nor the 4th official saw the blatant elbow attack on Hill. Was that down to bad luck (i.e. all where looking at the grand Ibrox Stadium at that moment) or all three suffered from impaired vision? The highlanders defended as if their life depended on it ... and were rewarded. Sometimes, Fortune favours the Brave more than it favours the Bold or Trying.

Could we have done any more? Well, who can say? On hindsight it is always easy. I for one would have had Forrester on, either from the start, or at HT for McKay. Likewise, I'd have thrown O'Halloran on for Garner and played Waghorn through the middle. Yet, what do we know about either striker's fitness? Every Rangers manager that I can think of made decisions and team selections that I could not fathom at the time. Walter got lucky 9 out of 10 times, others did not. MW will sure frustrate a few of us during his reign, whether he comes of better than us "know alls" remains to be seen. At the end of the day, it is him that will be judged, not us comfy-couch-managers.

Edited by der Berliner