Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

Well, let's see: Mourinho has managed 7 clubs, 4 of whom would be regarded as amongst the best in Europe if not the world and won the European Champions League twice; prior to Rangers, Warburton had managed Brentford for 18 months, during which period it would be fair to say he did rather well. But it's hardly a fair comparison.

In answer to your question , no I don't.

And to put it another way, do I think that Mourinho would do better than Warburton with the same resources, yes I do. Reasons - player management and tactical awareness.

As I said it's not a fair comparison.

OK so you're saying a guy who managed four of what would be regarded as the top clubs in the world has a great record because he won two champions leagues. I would disagree with that because I would think many others could win the champions league when in command of enormous budgets at the top clubs in the world.

And then you think that comparing Mourinho to Warburton isn't fair because Mourinho has a more extensive record which I suppose has some degree of validity but Warburtons limited record is very good indeed. He got within touching distance of the EPL with the second smallest budget in one of Europes most competitive leagues.

With Rangers he won the Championship at a romp and so far this season has had only 6 league matches and while there appear to be teething problems is within 1 point of second spot while the 'special one' who has such exceptional player management skills and tactical awareness that after spending a world record fee on a single player and tens of millions more on others is sitting 7th in the EPL and being beaten by the provincials of Europe.

Why is that? Could it be because he too is trying to bed in new players? I believe both teams will do a lot better this season than they are right now. And regarding Aberdeen you're really clutching at straws pointing to a goal of a difference in two games as worthy of proclaiming they have a better Record than Rangers.

Dundee for example, you may want to look at it as negatively as possible by claiming a single goal of a difference to be a sign they are better and that's all very well but I prefer to look at it from a different perspective.

They had 58% of the possession at Dundee we had 61% while they had 3 shots on target all of which went in which is a rarity at almost any level of football while we had 6 shots on target at Dundee just 2 of which went in. Thus all we need is the odds to swing in another direction which all things being equal they invariably must.

And as for each of our differing opinions only time will tell but I think we could agree on one thing. We would both hope that my optimism proves to be more accurate than your pessimism.

Really gutted over dropping points at the weekend as I thought we played pretty well and deserved to win by a few goals.

Yes, we perhaps struggled towards the end of the game to create a winning goal but up until then we certainly had played well enough up against a team that did little to try and win the game themselves (though Fod did make two fine saves). Sometimes you just don't get what you put in and I have genuine sympathy for the players and manager.

It's not more important than ever that we move on past this though and win tomorrow ahead of a tough trip to Aberdeen. Bad luck stories are only of interest for so long.

In a more broader point, whilst I understand and share the criticism of the manager (and the team), I'd much prefer people were more civil in the associated discussions. Disagree by all means but please do so without the personal stuff and bad language. If not, the yellow cards will be coming out.

I would say that Warburton's record against those we have played from the top 14 Scottish sides (outwith us) has been incredibly underwhelming so far.

In the EC he did well but failed to actually achieve anything tangible - ie promotion. In Scotland, he again did quite well in the Scottish Cup but without achieving anything tangible ie winning the cup.

Winning the SC is ok but expected, but the results strongly suggest he would have finished second to a much cheaper Hearts team the previous season. Winning the Petrofac is more about avoiding the embarrassment of not winning it (something we suffered a few times), but no indication of managerial skill.

At Rangers we need a manager who does more than have a good run in the competitions that count, before falling at the final hurdle.

Tommy Burns is hardly a legendary for managing Celtic - in fact they gave more respect to a bit part, former player.

Warburton talks a good game which gives us a lot of hope and promise, and his teams can play in a nice way, but results-wise he's now struggling to be scraping a pass - when it really should be a pass with a distinction.

He really has to do better and soon. It's starting to feel like a delayed Paul Le Guen scenario.

I would say that Warburton's record against those we have played from the top 14 Scottish sides (outwith us) has been incredibly underwhelming so far.

In the EC he did well but failed to actually achieve anything tangible - ie promotion. In Scotland, he again did quite well in the Scottish Cup but without achieving anything tangible ie winning the cup.

Winning the SC is ok but expected, but the results strongly suggest he would have finished second to a much cheaper Hearts team the previous season. Winning the Petrofac is more about avoiding the embarrassment of not winning it (something we suffered a few times), but no indication of managerial skill.

At Rangers we need a manager who does more than have a good run in the competitions that count, before falling at the final hurdle.

Tommy Burns is hardly a legendary for managing Celtic - in fact they gave more respect to a bit part, former player.

Warburton talks a good game which gives us a lot of hope and promise, and his teams can play in a nice way, but results-wise he's now struggling to be scraping a pass - when it really should be a pass with a distinction.

He really has to do better and soon. It's starting to feel like a delayed Paul Le Guen scenario.

Paul Le Guen scenario? C'mon. It only becomes that if we make it into that. Let's keep faith with the manager and give him time. Warburton may not have achieved anything that that was "tangible" but in the 16 months he was manager at Brentford he took them to their highest position in 2nd League in 80 years, finishing 5th in a very competitive Championship. That is still a very admirable achievement. We need to believe in what he is doing and stick with it. Ok, there will be some hurdles over the next few months and years but what is the alternative? Lurch form one manager to another with the same myopic short termism that has crippled our club over the last 20 years. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people already calling for Walter Smith to return. If something like that happens, I'm out