Club Statement: Joey Barton suspended for three weeks

I don't listen to SSB but was told DJ said on Saturday it wasnt MW who signed Joey Barton.

If true things beginning to make sense now i.e. MW wants shot off him

If Derek Johnstone really did say that I would presume Derek had some reason to say it but it just doesn't sound right. The manager has always been his own man and left Brentford because they were going to implement a signing policy that took full control of signings out of his hands. He just recently signed an extension to his contract which would seem unlikely if someone were taking control of signings away from him and would he even play Joey Barton if he never wanted him?

Not knowing what went on.

But I think part of the reason for his 3 week suspension is his book release when high profile autobiographies get released (such as his) there are lots of headlines during that period. The length of the suspension might be to do with that.

I have my doubts though, he's not made things easy for himself.

I don't listen to SSB but was told DJ said on Saturday it wasnt MW who signed Joey Barton.

If true things beginning to make sense now i.e. MW wants shot off him

I read at the time, that Warburton wanted the transfer, whereas certain Directors were against.

Whichever way it's a mess, now a betting probe and of course it was a celtic game. I don't believe Barton didn't know what he was doing.

You get the feeling that Joey doesn't comprehend that speaking your mind isn't always an admirable character trait or socially wise. You can't go walking around saying to people excuse me but you're ugly and expect them to thank you for being honest. There are alternative ways to approach things.

you're right if I did that I would have been divorced years ago.:D

In what way?

His narcissistic nonsense generally but the comments about wishing he hadn't signed specifically grate.

I think it's fair to say his signing has been a bit of a disaster. There's some honesty for Joey.

SNS Group

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has denied that the club made a last-ditch attempt to sign Joey Barton before he finalised a move to Rangers, saying the player has been misled by an agent.

Barton has claimed that Celtic wanted to sign him after Rangers' interest became public, and said he was approached by an agent acting on Lawwell's behalf.

However, the Celtic chief has issued a statement denying interest, saying instead that an agent had approached him and that Barton was keen to move to Rangers' city rivals instead of penning a deal at Ibrox.

"I think Joey's been had by a bit of a matchmaker here," Lawwell said.

"I remember it well, we had just announced Brendan as our new Manager and I was with our company secretary in London at the time. An agent called me saying that Joey was going to sign for Rangers but he would really prefer to come to Celtic and were we interested in signing him, but it wasn't something we wanted to pursue.

"These things happen to players sometimes in football, but needless to say we wish Joey well at his new club".

Pity Lieswell wasn't questioned by the press on the recent sectarianism and mock executions?,does the Scottish press not think that is a wee bit more important?,and would Lieswell answer?,what happened to his not getting involved in a tit for tat?

SNS Group

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has denied that the club made a last-ditch attempt to sign Joey Barton before he finalised a move to Rangers, saying the player has been misled by an agent.

Barton has claimed that Celtic wanted to sign him after Rangers' interest became public, and said he was approached by an agent acting on Lawwell's behalf.

However, the Celtic chief has issued a statement denying interest, saying instead that an agent had approached him and that Barton was keen to move to Rangers' city rivals instead of penning a deal at Ibrox.

"I think Joey's been had by a bit of a matchmaker here," Lawwell said.

"I remember it well, we had just announced Brendan as our new Manager and I was with our company secretary in London at the time. An agent called me saying that Joey was going to sign for Rangers but he would really prefer to come to Celtic and were we interested in signing him, but it wasn't something we wanted to pursue.

"These things happen to players sometimes in football, but needless to say we wish Joey well at his new club".

Pity Lieswell wasn't questioned by the press on the recent sectarianism and mock executions?,does the Scottish press not think that is a wee bit more important?,and would Lieswell answer?,what happened to his not getting involved in a tit for tat?

I would not believe a word that comes out of that guys mouth TBH