Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

It's getting beyond a joke all the guy is doing is getting negative headlines for the club let's get positive and get shot of him as IMO he is a liability.

If Barton wasn't here would the negative headlines cease?...............

You would expect that if he ends up in bother about this and can't play because of his own "failings", the club won't pay him (or anyone else) during that time. In a business driven by performance and weekly wages, you would assume that clubs are smart enough to cover this in contracts.

If Barton wasn't here would the negative headlines cease?...............

This season, Barton seems to be the vogue topic for the compliant media in a away akin to our admin event of 2012. The small minded cabal that runs the Scottish media will milk such feasts to the last drop. And we can rest assured, had it not been Barton, they would have found something else.

Yet, the hysteria about him reaches galactic proportions - which may drive the club to rethink his signing, rather than any of his actual doings. It would of course be equally "monumental" if Barton lifts some silverware into the Scottish sky in the not too distant future.

Edited by der Berliner

The lying 'bigoted' headlines will never cease...the attitude of players need to meet Rangers standard.

Players are not allowed to bet on football matches,they should know better,especially when he bet on them to lose by lots of goals against Barca!,and even more so when Desmond has shares in a big betting company!

Edited by ian1964

Players are not allowed to bet on football matches,they should know better

I was all for Barton even knowing about all his baggage/previous, my confidence was based on faith in our new board and management staff, especially MW and SDoW. I could see his signing as an indication we 'meant business'.

I feel I've had the wool pulled over my eyes...and as a run of the mill fan I'm concerned that this has happened to people holding vital positions of responsibility for the club.

This post isn't about all the things that happened from 2011 to 2014, it's more to do with what is happening now!

The current board and MW are culpable for the disastrous signing of Joey Barton.

Yes, burn the witch .... ahem warlock!

I would expect the reaction would be somewhat different if McKay had been caught betting on the odd EPL game ...

McKay is a sensible guy with a fantastic career in front of him, he earns his money paid by adoring fans in their appreciation of his performances. Barton has had his career and couldn't give two hoots about that now.

No comparison.

What makes you think that someone wants to sign him?

What makes you think that he will not be happy to see out his contract?

There is absolutely no doubt about it, someone will want him. There will be Championship teams who will bite his hand off if he wanted the same money he is on here, which is probably less than he was offered elsewhere when he signed for us. He was player of the year for a team in the play offs last season, and is a known quantity down there. This escapade will do nothing to put off clubs willing to take him, it is just another blip on his very blemished record, yet he will be good value for some teams, even if we try to cut our losses and make him available for free.

Look at players like Balotelli, Di Canio, Mutu, Diouf... There's always a market for these kinds of players while they can still play a bit.

He won't sit it out with us, he'll get paid more elsewhere if he makes the move sooner rather than later.

Edited by Barebear

Scottish League Cup - Betfred Cup

Scottish Cup - William Hill Scottish Cup

Scottish Premiership - Ladbrokes Premiership

Did Barton, Black and Simonsen all gamble with the same online bookmakers?

Edited by ian1964