Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

I don't think there is any doubt that we will see JB back in a Rangers shirt sooner rather than later. If he knuckles down and works hard to prove himself, which I'm positive is in him, a stubborn streak, then he has the chance to make it here. If he fails to resettle, then both parties can go their separate ways in January, with us maybe even claiming a fee into the bargain.

As it stands, I think if we can keep within touching distance of the European spots, then there isn't a great deal to lose over the next three months. If it's obvious JB is not helping the team, he sits out and gets sold in January.

I too think all concerned should try to put this behind and get him back into contention and maybe especially so since we appear to have an injury prone squad and midfield in particular this year. If he hasn't worked out by January them so be it the best thing for all concerned would be for him to find another club.

Jason Holt can make many a player look good. Barton hasn't had the pleasure of playing beside him yet.

We badly missed Holt. And we also badly miss Windass. A midfield 3 of Holt, Windass and Barton or Halliday holding would be very effective IMHO, both in an attacking sense (Windass & Holt) and defensive cover (Barton/Halliday)

With all Barton's supposed pedigree and his high opinion of himself, I pretty much expected him to make those around him look good - as Davie Weir did for Wilson. That certainly didn't happen.

Maybe he just underestimated the difficulty and needs to knuckle down, get fit and on form, while minimising his controversy, but he's already pretty much blown his reputation, and it won't be easy to recover it. Otherwise he's probably destined for an imminent career in media.

To answer the original question, I personally think Warburton should give him one more chance - BUT, with the conditions that he has to bite his tongue (and keyboard); show respect to the management, team, club and fans; train well; and work his way back into the team from the bench.

I don't know if Barton would go for that, or if he would be able to actually make himself do it, but I think it's a reasonable and fair way to go.

A bit of humility and hard work goes a long way - and is the hallmark of many a great leader.

I seem to have lost track of time this year, so much going on personally. When is his suspension up, when can he be considered again for selection?

His suspension is up for the start of next week so he should be available for the ICT game.

However, it doesn't matter if he's kept up his fitness or not, I doubt the manager will consider him for at least another week and that's only if both parties consider the matter dealt with.