Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

Betting is something that I have rarely done and IMO is there for people to use.While understanding the position of the SFA I don't see where betting on football outside of the country you are playing in can affect anything.

If proved that you are betting on games in which your own teams are playing in it's a different story and clubs should insert a clause of" instant dismissal "with no claim for injustice or final salary/cancelled contract payment.

To be honest we all have to accept the rule as laid out. That said, it is a STUPID rule given it covers GLOBAL football. It is a draconian rule.

I would have no issue with the rule if it prevented you from betting on any matches a) in which your own club plays and b) which are under the jurisdiction of the SFA and c) which are played in Scotland.

But English games and European games ? That's just lunacy and, in fact, prevents a player from expressing their freedom of choice, especially considering that they have no impact upon those games at all.

Betting is something that I have rarely done and IMO is there for people to use.While understanding the position of the SFA I don't see where betting on football outside of the country you are playing in can affect anything.

If proved that you are betting on games in which your own teams are playing in it's a different story and clubs should insert a clause of" instant dismissal "with no claim for injustice or final salary/cancelled contract payment.

You have to pay people for time worked. You cannot say I am not paying you the last wage. Even in instant dismissal you need to pay them until their last work day.

Probably been having a bet for years with no problem, join Rangers and you're shopped.

I actually wondered if some bookies employee took exception simply because Joey bet on sellick to be crushed by Barca then collected a tidy sum when he was proven to be correct.

I actually wondered if some bookies employee took exception simply because Joey bet on sellick to be crushed by Barca then collected a tidy sum when he was proven to be correct.

Almost guaranteed that is what happened.

Almost guaranteed that is what happened.

Wouldn't surprise me if he has also been winning overall from his bets. I doubt they would be so quick to snitch if he were regularly losing a tidy sum.