Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

Do you think there's a ceremonial tie cutting when Rangers sack you?

No. I think that if he had been sacked, he would have handed, or thrown, the tie back. I know that in similar circumstances I would have done so.

Ergo, if he left the ground sans neckwear, it would have indicated that he was no longer a Rangers' player.

Is this really still an issue? A whole lot of commotion about a 34 year old whose barely kicked a ball for us and looks like has has nothing left to offer.

Given the limited funds within Ibrox I'd say the fact he's on around 20 grand a week makes it an issue mate. I couldn't care less if he plays or not judging him by what he's done on the park for us, but I'd still consider him an issue.

The whole thing is just an utter shambles.

... mainly because of an utter lack of information from anyone official. Opens the door for all this hysteria and dozens of pages of pointless speculation.

In that respect, it is quite surprising and commendable that Barton hasn't whispered a thing either.

Edited by der Berliner

Is this really still an issue? A whole lot of commotion about a 34 year old whose barely kicked a ball for us and looks like has has nothing left to offer.

Its the "whole lot of commotion" that we are all fed up with. The club are not doing a good job of curbing that commotion.

... mainly because of an utter lack of information from anyone official. Opens the door for all this hysteria and dozens of pages of pointless speculation.

In that respect, it is quite surprising and commendable that Barton hasn't whispered a thing either.

I agree, the lack of information if it was, say, a large company is understandable. But we need good communication in football, especially where it affects the fans, I.e. The paying customer.

I agree, the lack of information if it was, say, a large company is understandable. But we need good communication in football, especially where it affects the fans, I.e. The paying customer.

The whole thing is a disgrace and the fact that Warburton didn't even have the respect to turn up to be part of the discussion is shambolic. How in gods name can you have a disciplinary meeting without hearing what both sides have to say when they are face to face. Whether Barton is right or wrong doesn't change the fact that Rangers are making a mockery of the whole thing. It looks like they want an apology from Barton and he is refusing. If he feels he is right then he has the right to refuse but then the board should have had them both round the table. Maybe the board should just knock both their heads together as it looks like 2 stubborn mules facing up to each other and Rangers football club and it's fans are real injured party.

Aggressors and their victims are not interviewed together in the same room,so we have to assume that Warburton has been questioned by the same panel and that we have to wait for the panel to reconcile the facts before we hear anything else.