Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

Yep, Barton (or at least a fully fit Barton) is a huge miss in that department because he could both win the ball AND had a great range of passing. Rossiter is a young version but sadly also hors de combat.

Agreed, though I'd add that I fear that "also" could be replaced with "always". Lets hope not, of course.....

Edited by SteveC

Kenny Miller in midfield! I give up. If we are badly beaten today he should be sacked. No ifs buts or maybes. Playing players outwith their positions just to fit a formation is madness

No - I suspect McKay will be in midfield; it's just the way in which they've posted it. I highly doubt Miller is in midfield.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/five-changes-dons/

RANGERS make five changes for the visit of Aberdeen to Ibrox.

Lee Hodson replaces James Tavernier at right-back while Clint Hill comes back from injury into the starting line up to partner Rob Kiernan.

In midfield Kenny Miller moves back into midfield and slots in to replace Matt Crooks. He is joined by Jason Holt and Andy Halliday in the middle.

The entire front three changes with Joe Garner, Barrie McKay and Michael O’Halloran coming into the side.

Those changes mean that Tavernier, Crooks, Harry Forrester, Danny Wilson and Joe Dodoo start from the bench today.

Josh Windass misses out against his Dad’s former side once again with a hamstring problem that he picked up at Firhill last weekend.

RANGERS: Foderingham, Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace; Halliday, Holt, Miller, McKay, Garner, O’Halloran

Subs: Gilks, Tavernier, Wilson, Forrester, Dodoo, Waghorn, Crooks

Edited by SteveC