[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 12; Waghorn 61) - 1 Morton

Can't believe Halliday is getting all the stick for their goal , I've just seen the highlights , what the hell was Foderingham doing , he could have had a cup of tea and a read of the papers before that ball got anywhere near him , and it was straight at him .

I agree regarding the GK but halliday was garbage also

the ball swerved away from him. I think it probably hit a piece of turf. You see it from the camera pointing down the middle of the pitch behind the scorer

the ball seems to frequently swerve away from him normally off his own boot straight to the opposition

Apologies it was when the Toral/Hodson substitutions were made that Waghorn did that. It was 4-4-2 .

I have to disagree again.

O'Halloran came on for Holt thus decreasing the midfield from 3 to 2 and increasing the front 3 to 4. Waghorn went inside to join Miller and O'H was wide right. Ergo at that point with 30 minutes to go we were 4-2-4; the wide men slightly behind the line of the front 2 in the same way as the FB's are slightly ahead of the CB's but it's still 4 at the back and 4 up front even if they are not in a straight line. When Toral came on for Hyndman we still only had 2 in MF. When Hodson replaced Wallace we still had 4 at the back. We may have dropped back a bit into a pseudo 4-4-2 when Morton threw everything at it in the last few minutes but I don't see how you can say that we had a MF 4 with O'Halloran and McKay playing wide.

tbf I was going to add it was more like 4-2-4 at times. I think 4-4-2 is the basic shape, it was just that neither McKay nor MOH tracked back.

That's my point.

Neither McKay nor O'Halloran are capable of tracking back to defend; so it was 4-2-4.

AND it was exciting to watch as both teams went for it in the last 10/15 minutes.