[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 12; Waghorn 61) - 1 Morton

This shows quite clearly that Hill misjudges the header, Halliday sends a nothing ball backwards and Foderingham should make the save; so I'd say the blame can be shared amongst all three, just terrible defending all round.

Still Halliday at fault for me.....

Hill's head ain't great, but Hallidays 1st touch is awful, and releases the Morton player. You can clearly see that Halliday starts to pull up thinking his job is done....then realises that the Morton player is still running. By that time, Halliday has lost his man & in no position to make up the ground. Is is totally unable to offer ANY kind of challenge to the Morton player.

You could argue that Senderos was too close to Hill, but it should have been taken care of by Halliday.

Wes makes a decent attempt at the stop and appears to get his finger tips to it. If it was us that had scored it, we would be saying that the keeper had no chance - it was a fantastic strike.

Still Halliday at fault for me.....

Hill's head ain't great, but Hallidays 1st touch is awful, and releases the Morton player. You can clearly see that Halliday starts to pull up thinking his job is done....then realises that the Morton player is still running. By that time, Halliday has lost his man & in no position to make up the ground. Is is totally unable to offer ANY kind of challenge to the Morton player.

You could argue that Senderos was too close to Hill, but it should have been taken care of by Halliday.

Wes makes a decent attempt at the stop and appears to get his finger tips to it. If it was us that had scored it, we would be saying that the keeper had no chance - it was a fantastic strike.

As I said, it was a collective cock-up. Hill's header puts the ball right into trouble, Halliday's touch isn't great but it was a crap header, and Hill and Senderos are flat-footed, and Wes goes down in monthly installments. That's Hill mentioned twice so if you insist on blaming any one individual, there you go. Hill doesn't puts his header wide or, better, out, none of it happens.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

As I said, it was a collective cock-up. Hill's header puts the ball right into trouble, Halliday's touch isn't great but it was a crap header, and Hill and Senderos are flat-footed, and Wes goes down in monthly installments. That's Hill mentioned twice so if you insist on blaming any one individual, there you go. Hill doesn't puts his header wide or, better, out, none of it happens.

As I said, Hill's header wasn't great but at least it was in the right direction ie away from goal. Halliday's 1st touch is straight back towards the goal & not strong enough to reach Hill or Senderos. The Morton player's wee flick effectively takes the CB's out of the equation.

Why did Halliday not play the ball sideways, away from the Morton players for Hill or Senderos to run onto. He had zero awareness of who was around him & made a terrible decision which allowed his 2 CB to removed from play.

Halliday then started to pull up, until realising that the Morton player had continued his run. by that time it was too late.

You can't blame Wes...he at least got a touch to it - unlike the rest.

The entire goal came as a direct result of Halliday's terrible 1st touch & lack of awareness. Could the CB's have done better - Yes, but they were not the root cause of the goal.