[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 12; Waghorn 61) - 1 Morton

I didn't understand the Toral \Hyndman substitution as the game was crying out for Toral in for Miller, Waghorn or Mckay and get more bodies in the midfield. Personally I would have taken Miller off as Waghorn was our most dangerous player.

You must have been at a different game from me.

We took off Holt from MF and sent on O'Halloran to play wide right. We pushed Waghorn into the middle alongside Miller and still had McKay on the left. We only had two midfielders on the park for the last half and hour: Halliday and Hyndman/Toral. From my position in the MSF we were very clearly playing 4 up and 2 in MF. If you are saying that O'Halloran and McKay were in wide midfield then I strongly disagree.

tbf I was going to add it was more like 4-2-4 at times. I think 4-4-2 is the basic shape, it was just that neither McKay nor MOH tracked back.

tbf I was going to add it was more like 4-2-4 at times. I think 4-4-2 is the basic shape, it was just that neither McKay nor MOH tracked back.

It looked to me as if it as 4-2-3-1, with Hyndman and Halliday playing deeper, with McKay, Miller and O'Halloran playing behind Waghorn.

It wasn't 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 IMO.

Can't believe Halliday is getting all the stick for their goal , I've just seen the highlights , what the hell was Foderingham doing , he could have had a cup of tea and a read of the papers before that ball got anywhere near him , and it was straight at him .

Can't believe Halliday is getting all the stick for their goal , I've just seen the highlights , what the hell was Foderingham doing , he could have had a cup of tea and a read of the papers before that ball got anywhere near him , and it was straight at him .

Halliday, lost his man and couldn't catch him - he got caught napping!!!

I actually thought Senderos had a decent game & think that given a couple of games will form our most solid defensive pairing with Hill.

I also think that it may be time to give Miller a wee seat on the bench....We MUST start trusting in some of the younger prospects.

Halliday, lost his man and couldn't catch him - he got caught napping!!!

I actually thought Senderos had a decent game & think that given a couple of games will form our most solid defensive pairing with Hill.

I also think that it may be time to give Miller a wee seat on the bench....We MUST start trusting in some of the younger prospects.

He's was 35 yards from goal when he lost the ball , you seriously think the goalie shouldn't have done better

He's was 35 yards from goal when he lost the ball , you seriously think the goalie shouldn't have done better

I think 35yrds out is pushing it ;) 25 maybe. It was, however a fantastic strike & Wes wasn't too far away from it, unlike Halliday.

How many goals have we lost from strikes outside the box this season? Is that a symptom of not having a good defensive midfielder in there or just poor discipline in closing down men and leaving a gap between the defence and midfield?

Several things went wrong for the goal so no point in blaming one player. Hill's header was a stinker (though was a only a metre away from Halliday so we might have got luckier); Halliday's man got goalside of him; Senderos charged at a ball he couldn't get, leaving his man free in the process; and Wes went down in slow motion. A collective balls-up.

How many goals have we lost from strikes outside the box this season? Is that a symptom of not having a good defensive midfielder in there or just poor discipline in closing down men and leaving a gap between the defence and midfield?

I think its more down to our defense switching off...almost thinking "He's too far out, he'll never sco.....oh sh*t"