Well who's next

What do you mean by "fanatical pursuit"? He was one of a number of people the club interviewed and was clearly the favourite. As the favourite, is our club not correct to then do what it can to get the main target? If the interviewing panel select him, I'd be deeply annoyed if we didn't then get him. Wouldn't you?

As for him achieving nothing so far, maybe that's the lure to bring him to the most successful team in the world. It's a brave decision by the board rather than a "fishy" one. I'm astonished at the level of criticism. Our history is full of players who achieved nothing before they came to us. We've had successful managers in the past who had achieved nothing before coming to us.

This appointment may not work out, but I'm delighted that an under pressure board showed the bravery to bring in a relatively unknown guy with new ideas rather than the same old brigade. Good on them. And shame on many of our supporters who are writing us off before he's even arrived in Glasgow.

Welcome Pedro!

Gaffer if you look at that CV it would have been binned in the fore-rounds and the guy would normally not have got near the interview stage. I don;t believe for one second this was all decided on one interview. As far as I know he was also quite high up the list the last time as well. Somebody has been pushing him. Who or why I have no idea but I certainly hope it works.

Gaffer if you look at that CV it would have been binned in the fore-rounds and the guy would normally not have got near the interview stage. I don't believe for one second this was all decided on one interview. As far as I know he was also quite high up the list the last time as well. Somebody has been pushing him. Who or why I have no idea but I certainly hope it works.

Who? The interview panel?

Why? Because he was the most impressive candidate they spoke to?

I don't think there's anything else in this. They just feel he's the best man for the job so they've gone with him. As for his cv, it looks as if he's well travelled and picked up a lot of experience along the way. I really cant think of many, if any, managers with "strong" cvs who we would attract, other than the usual candidates like McLeish, etc.

You're implying that there is a sinister plot surrounding this appointment. You might be correct, but I just don't understand why you think this.

With over 60 rumoured applicants you have to think he must have shown up really well in the interview process.

Compensation + a decent wage makes him far from a cheap option.

I feel pretty excited by this appointment.

Agreed and I hope he gets the time. Marco Silva mindset rather than Delia mindset.

Based on that he should be nowhere near Rangers

i don't understand this appointment at all

i don't see the rationale behind it or whose decision this is

Going by his experience of 4 years at Mainz, Thomas Tuchel should have been no-where near the Borussia Dortmund job. And there he is having them chasing Bayern and playing in the CL ... and rather successful.

In short, we have no clue what Pedro's previous jobs will mean to his next one. But he's been around and seen various places, styles and tactics. Some like to viw it with a glass half full, some with a glass half empty. But there is no point in having no glass at all ...

I think we have to accept him as our next manager and get on with it.

From a personal experience and no doubt most bears at the time when Souness chucked it and WS 'stepped up' as his replacement most of us gave it the mighty :facepalm: Look how he turned out!

Same thing happened again when Dick left the club and his replacement was to be Big Eck...wow! How uninspiring a name was that? That got double :eek2: However, again, look how he turned out!

Then when PLG came in after that it was greeted rather differently, I'm pretty sure at the time most bears were rubbing their hands in anticipation when we landed him :flute: Look how that turned out!

When Walter came back again it was with 99% of the fans support. He never really blotted his copybook until I suppose, he recommended Ally for his empty seat. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

When Ally finally got the boot, Warburton got the job...the excitement of that appointment had fans going through the roof :champs: We even had a song for him, it wasn't "Warburtons Blue and White Army" though. Look how that turned out!

This latest appointment of a Portuguese guy with a crap CV doesn't faze me at all...I've learned not to be too disappointed or overly joyous about a new manager coming in, just that I now have to wait and hope it turns out as good as, or rather not as bad as Rangers managers from the past.

I can't even pronounce the new guys name...:wtf:

Who did fans think we were going to get? A manager with a track record of winning trophies? I hate to say it, but I really doubt they'd be turning up here. And who are these British Coaches with better CV's? Rowett? Monk? Monk would've been a good option, but hasn't won anything and is out of our league. Rowett has done well with Burton and Birmingham -- although it was barely a season -- but doesn't really have a progressive approach to the game; effective, but not something we should be bothering with if we are targeting Europe.

What we need is a young coach with modern, progressive ideas about the game, with a bit of fire in his belly. I think Caixinha ticks the boxes there. Ok, so he doesn't have a track record of winning things, but he's predominantly been at mid-table clubs. Although, he has won trophies in Mexico, which -- thanks to Uilleam's posted article from the Guardian -- is a highly competitive league. We also need someone that is comfortable in a DoF structure, which I hope will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Bill Struth had no managerial experience and had never even played football before he became Rangers manager. His football career had simply involved coaching prior to Wilton's untimely death.

When Jock Wallace joined Rangers in 1970 he'd only managed Berwick Rangers. He'd spent some time coaching at Hearts but had no managerial or playing experience in the top flight of Scotland. I'd also point out that Willie Waddell performed as 'director of football' in all but name during most of Wallace's time at Rangers.

Walter Smith had never managed anyone before getting the Rangers managers job.

History is littered with successful Rangers managers who didn't have stellar playing careers or even impressive managerial careers prior to Rangers. Like most of us I've never heard of the man who it seems will be our next manager. Like most of us I'm a little surprised and little apprehensive. But, looking at what he's achieved (or not achieved as the case may be) without context and insight is pointless. PLG looked like one of the best managers in Europe before he joined us.

Whoever comes in faces a big job. Our current squad isn't good enough to challenge for the league, we need some new and better players. The mentality of the squad needs to change too, it's weak and too easily bullied. I've no idea if Caixinha is the right man for the job or whether our directors have had too many fine roasted triple expressos washed down with organic craft beer and gone all hipster on us by plucking an unpronounceable Portuguese from the nether regions of football. He'll need to learn the realities of Scottish football and Scottish footballers fast, I wonder who his assistant will be, he'll be very important in all this.

Edited by JohnMc

Get the feeling this guy could be great for us or it could fall flat on his face a couple of months down the line.

The players will hate him. There too lazy and unprofessional to enjoy his apparent management style.

It's all a matter if the club wants real change away from the old boys network and turgid Scottish style football or will they buckle and back lazy players as usual.

The manager gets my backing until he doesn't deserve it